“Excellent dinner, excellent breakfast.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brockton Villa Restaurant

Brockton Villa Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Brockton Villa Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,238 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: View, Romantic, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Prospect
“Excellent dinner, excellent breakfast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We will always eat here when we are in La Jolla. Everyone was kind and helpful. We had a party of 11 and they were always prepared for us and we didn't have to wait. The food was amazing and view spectacular. The kids loved it too!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank landrlane

• Korean first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Had high hopes for this place...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We went in to this restaurant really looking forward to our brunch after reading such great reviews, but I was a little disappointed. It definitely has some great views, and it's very charming, but my encounter with the hostess upon arriving sort of tainted the whole meal.

My husband and I were visiting from north Carolina, and we know nothing about La Jolla. When we got to the restaurant (a Tuesday morning around 10:30am), the road was packed and it was clear it would be hard to park. I jumped out and headed to the restaurant so we could be sure to make our reservation time while my husband parked. upon meeting the hostess, she informed me that she doesn't seat parties until all of the guests were there and she said this while rolling her eyes. She then proceeded to tell me it takes 30-45 minutes to park here. She did seat me after giving me the lecture, and sure enough, my husband met me at the table in under 10 minutes.

The food was good and the environment was nice, but my unfriendly encounter upon arriving left a sour taste in my mouth. If we return to La Jolla, I doubt we'd go back here.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
“Very good food, gorgeious view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

We are locals who enjoy frequenting this restaurant. It is a lovely little restaurant overlooking La Jolla Cove. The food is consistently good, and the view is gorgeous. For a light lunch, the salmon on top of a house salad is perfect, and delicious.

There is an outdoor patio which is nice when it's warm. Otherwise, there is a porch with clear plastic windows for a nice view. Try to get a window table so that you have the best view (note, you cannot reserve a window table). The indoor part of the restaurant is also very nice. Check out all the abalone shells imbedded in the fireplace, as well as in the wall surrounding the restaurant.

Only drawback to this restaurant is that although the view is beautiful, and one of the best in San Diego, the smell from what we believe to be from the seals at children's pool in the cove, and the bird droppings on the rocks, can, at times, be bad (perhaps depending on the direction of the wind). Although the outside patio is very nice, this could be a problem for you. There are always people sitting out there who apparently don't mind. Hopefully this problem will someday be remedied. In the interim, we prefer to sit indoors.

Recommendation: Ask for Caroline. Nice, polite, and efficient.

• Visited March 2012
La Jolla, California
“We had a fun baby shower there!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Good food and great service and there were 20 of us!

Try what they are known for ... FRENCH TOAST!!!

• Visited March 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Just eat here...you won't regret it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

By far one of the most beautiful views I've ever had over a meal! The La Jolla area is gorgeous and definitely worth a visit when in San Diego and if you're lucky enough to be around for breakfast like we were, you MUST eat here! The waters were rough that day so we could hear the waves crashing while we ate. A nice soundtrack to a great breakfast! We both had the Coast Toast because we had read such great reviews that neither one of us wanted to share! It lived up to the hype, so yummy. The villa is such a cute building, very coastal looking. Service was great too and we definitely look forward to coming back here one day.

• Visited January 2012