“Couldn't get past the smell”

Brockton Villa Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Brockton Villa Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,237 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Prospect
Long Beach, CA
“Couldn't get past the smell”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The food and service were great. Unfortunately, the restaurant is just up the hill from a colony of seals, and the smell on the day we were there was awful.. I could not sit on the patio, and had to retreat inside the restaurant. Unfortunately, I could still smell it there. The smell of seal feces does not stimulate the appetite.

• Visited November 2013

• Korean first
San Diego
“oceanfront view, plenty of outdoor seating”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Went for Saturday late breakfast. I would always prefer eating outside, when possible, especially with a view like the Pacific Ocean staring me in the face. However, make sure you go inside just to see the inside of this late 1800s California cottage, and the fireplace, in particular. It is made from whole abalone shells. Reminds me of when I was a child and those shells were plentiful along our coast. My meal was crab cakes with fresh fruit. Perfect for a very light breakfast. The crab cakes were very small, but delicious, good dish for a Weight Watcher! Must mention, though, the smell of cormorant guano from the rocks below. If you are sensitive, go elsewhere. It isn't as bad up at the restaurant as street level below, but does exist. Otherwise, for me, it would be 5 star casual eating!

• Visited November 2013
Mountain View, California
“Excellent location and amazing view”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We came here for the view. And it did not disappoint. We got a table across the street from the ocean and the view was amazing. Brunch fare was tasty and service was prompt and friendly. We are a group of 5 adults and 2 toddlers and had ample space. They have high chair which is convenient.

San Diego, California, United States
“BDay Dinner with the girls”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I love good food and appreciate good service, and we got both! Brentt was our server and was attentive and knowledgeable. I asked for a 'custom' item by asking to have the Halibut prepared as the scallops are on themenu. The kitchen was accommodating, and the fish was perfectly prepared, the cous cous perfectly cooked and the accompaning citrus ber blanc was spot on! It makes me hungry just thinking about it! The cheese platter isa very nice way to start. I will admit sitting outside isa challenge due to the odor, but inside it was not detectable. I definitely plan to return!

• Visited October 2013
California
“Weekend brunch”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

got a table on balcony overlooking cove...beautiful scenery.....excellent menu & good service but............it's located above the shore cliffs where lots of sea birds congregate and if it's warm & the breeze is blowing you are not going to like the smell.......

Visited September 2013