“Coast Toast!”

Brockton Villa Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Brockton Villa Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,236 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Prospect
Reviewed 21 March 2014

A great history and a fun dining experience - a weekend villa from the 1880's now a Go To destination for French toast. The Cove Combo is $11 and consists of eggs, choice of meat, potatoes, fruit, and their famous 2" thick Coast Toast. Lovely! Fluffy with a distinct citrus scent.

It's worth the drive!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Had breakfast here this morning on my walk along the La Jolla Cove. I used to stop here frequently during my morning walks with friends. The food was ok and the servers were pleasant and the view fabulous. Breakfast this morning was a completely different experience. My friend and I were both not very hungry so we just order cinnamon rolls from Bread n Cie and beverages. From the start, our waitress was dismissive and not once did she check on us to see if the food was ok or whether we needed refills on our coffee. We had to stop a host to get us coffee refills. She finally came back and without asking whether we wanted anything else, drop the check on out table. The bill came to $15.07 and instead of giving us change, she brought back a $5 bill assuming that we would just leave that for a tip. If she thinks that we did not order enough food to warrant decent service, maybe the restaurant should put a minimum food order amount on their menu. Needless to say, I don't think I will be going back again.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

we were looking forward to going back to Brockton Villa for breakfast, as we enjoyed this place very much on previous trips. The ambience was wonderful as always, cant beat the view, but the food was very much lacking. We had breakfast and it was fairly mediocre, scramble eggs tasted pre made and toast was burned. I doubt we'll be back

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I had their signature french toast with fruit. It was very good though the orange flavor wasn't really detectable in my dish. My husband had the pancakes. I tasted them and they were really not worthy to be on the menu in our opinion. Just fluffy flour nothings - no flavor, nothing special. I had read about the 1920's era abalone shell-faced fireplace and seeing it in person was very cool. You really can't get the full impact from a photo. The coffee was quite strong and acidic - not smooth or mellow. No espresso drinks. Nice ambiance. Eat outside on the deck, inside or on the porch. Service was very quick and friendly. They have the recipe for the french toast available for you to try at home and you'll find it also on Pinterest. I would definitely return. My husband wasn't as enchanted.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Went here with friends for breakfast. We sat outside overlooking the ocean . I had the egg Benedict very tasty and I tried some of the other entries the others were having it they were delicious as well. Our server was so kind and quick. Loved this place!!!