“OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!”

Residence Inn San Diego La Jolla
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Residence Inn La Jolla is a great family hotel. I want to shout out to Mr. Mavis Aribrosio for his Outstanding Customer service!! The hotel is super clean and great full breakfast buffett.
This is the reason why I'm a Platinum member of Marriott rewards..

Keep up the great work!! BZ!!

V/r,
Mr. Terry Delacruz
Ventura, CA. :-)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Faithdc
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn San Diego La Jolla

Reviewed 23 May 2013

THis is the second time we stayed here. It is great value and awesome service and staff. We loved the breakfast and the amenities at the hotel are worth booking here. I love the fact that I can drop off my shopping list and the groceries will be delivered and put in my refrigerator!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaryL0u12
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This property is very crowded - there is inadequate parking for the guests. We had to park across a boulevard from the hotel. The rooms are small. The breakfast was very good. Too many buildings for the size of the property. Felt like low-income property.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I stayed at the Residence Inn San Diego La Jolla for nine nights and couldn't have been happier. The staff was friendly and very helpful; they even assisted with some unusual request. The room was also very clean. Lastly, if you do choose to stay here don't miss the breakfast!

1  Thank 421rexrex
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This about the 4th time I have stayed here and I would thoroughly recommend it. It is particularly useful if you need access to UCSD but it is also so close to the I5 it is easy to get around with a car.
The rooms are excellent and well maintained. There is a good selection of food although be prepared for the bun fight every morning to get to it.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Stayed here a few nights on a business trip and it missed on a couple of levels. This property is layout like an apartment complex so it can fit in with the surrounding area of condos. That's great, but the rooms on the second level have stairs going to them, which to me can be a problem for people who can't do stairs or have to get heavy bags up these stairs. When I checked in the only rooms available were on the second level and to me it was inconvenient. The room itself was average but it was very noisy because of the way hotel complex is layout with all units next to the street parking and streets in the complex which generates a lot of noise. I was a little disappointed with the breakfast, I have had better at other Residence Inn's. The next time I'm in the area on business I'll try the Marriott on the other side of the freeway.

2  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I booked a room for spring break and in the middle of the reservation process, it disappeared because someone booked the same type of room faster than me. I decided to act fast and not worry about paying a little more for the penthouse suite for our week long stay. I am so glad as the extra few dollars a night was totally worth it. My kids loved each having their own comfy bed and my husband and I loved having our own space upstairs.

Check-in/Front desk:
Great staff, efficient check-in process. They have a spin-the-wheel for prizes such as free parking or extra points, which I think is a cute way to engage their customers and make them feel happy about giving their business to Marriott. The staff were really nice as we visited them every day to drop something off at the front desk safe and they did a great job of picking up groceries from Trader Joe's nearby for us too.

Penthouse Suite:
Our room was clean, up to date, and pleasantly decorated. The kitchen area was modern and had all the amenities that made us feel at home such as a full stove with oven, mircowave, full sized refrigerator with ice maker. The dishwasher didn't work consistently but we had clean dishes anyways. This is the first RI that we've ever stayed at with kitchen seating for 4. We had a living room area with a fireplace, 2 queen beds and a full bath downstairs, I queen bed and a full bath upstairs. The towels in the room were the softest hotel towels ever.

Location:
We selected this location because it seemed central to all the places we wanted to visit, no more than 10-20 minutes away from Sea World and Legoland respectively. It's really close to UCSD, beaches, shopping and dining. There's a strip mall within walking distance and in a safe residential area.

Breakfast/Hospitality hour:
Breakfast was adequate. One child loved the cocoa puffs, the other child loved the potatoes. There are definitely peak times so go earlier if you can. Some of the other guests weren't very considerate as I observed one person use the serving spoon holder to serve herself some eggs and my child saw another individual grab some walnuts with his hands, palmed them into his mouth and use the same hand to handle the serving spoons to get his breakfast. People with food allergies need to be extra careful. We only went to the BBQ hamburger and hot dog hospitality hour for dinner one night.

Suggestions:
The hotel has a pool on one side of the property and a hot tub on the other. If you prefer one over another, be sure to request whether you like to be close to the pool or the hot tub. There's also a propane grill available and the free WiFi is fast enough (thanks!). Keep in mind that there is daily fee for parking.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family