“"Be Our Guests"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Eliot, Maine
“"Be Our Guests"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

When you think of CA, you think of Disneyland and the old song "Be Our Guests".. The Residence Inn by Marriott LaJolla has made our stay here in CA the most welcoming, comforting adventure. My husband and I travelled from ME for a seven month work assignment and our stay here has been such an enjoyable part of our adventure. From the top notch front desk gang of Dana, Morgan, Cassie and others, always going above board to help and to offer a cheerful hello and always putting the guests first, to Patty and the housekeeping staff, especially Lenore and Carmen that always made our suite "spit spot" as Mary Poppins would say, to Josh and Eduardo with their help with any electrical issue, to George with his beautiful voice on karaoke social hour nights, to all of the ladies and gents of the kitchen staff, who each and ever day served a variety of foods for both breakfast and social hours. Sarah and Kyliese, with their sparkling smiles always make time in the dining room that much more enjoyable.

Our room accomodations were perfect for the two of us, very spacious, clean and modern. The location of this hotel is perfect, whether you wish to travel south to downtown San Diego or north to the coastal route or LA area.

We feel so fortunate to have been assigned this hotel as our homeport and will leave here with many special memories of time spent here in LaJolla, San Diego and the friends that we've made here. Many thanks to the fine outstanding "LaJolla Marriott family" and we would highly recommend to anyone to make this their homeport...whether for a short family weekend, or a long time stay like ours..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Melissa F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Hebrew first
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

The nice part of staying at Residence Inn's across the country is that they are so consistent. We stayed here to look at UCSD and was great to be able to have all 4 of us stay in 1 room comfortably. As is typical there is one bedroom upstairs and one downstairs. 3 flat screen TV's and a full kitchen. Beds were very comfortable and difficult to get out of in the morning.
Parking was free which was fantastic and no shortage. Very quiet.
The buffet breakfast was very large. Really there was food for everyone's taste. Plenty of tables and was very clean.
This location is centrally located in La Jolla. UCSD is essentially within 1/2 a mile. The beach is several miles away. There is a large mall 1 1/2 miles away and strip malls within walking distance. We felt very safe in the area.
This is really the perfect place to stay with families that is spacious and well located. Would have no hesitation staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I absolutely loved, loved, loved this hotel stay. The room was very spacious, clean and modern. Everything was flawless. The breakfast was delicious and well stocked. The staff was soooo friendly and helpful! Can't wait to come back again! I have a family of 5 and we stayed in the 2 bedroom villa. Great!

Green Features: Loved that we had a choice to have new towels everyday or not. I personally don't need new ones. I hate the waste, so having the option was perfect!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

PENFIELD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT MY STAY. I couldn't have been happier unless I stayed another night [or two]. I arrived late at night and had a mid-day flight the next morning. The room was like staying in an apartment. It doesn't get any better then that. The hotel was off the main road ...just enough..so there wasn't a whole lot of road noise. And the breakfast buffet was one of the best I've ever experienced. Unfortunately...there wasn't any bacon. But the pork sausage home fries/hash made up for that. They were probably the best I ever ate...REALLY! The only mistake I made was not asking for the recipe. I went back for more several times. I look forward to staying there again sometime in the future.

Room Tip: Just ask...
Green Features: I really enjoyed the La Jolla area. The facility staff was really on top of things.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank STEVE P
eliot, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

An interesting cluster of separate buildings make up this location. It was well maintained and staff was really nice. The direct TV had a habit of coming on with no sound but if you cycled it a few times it would work. Things were clean but could use an update. The hot water was really slow and with the water shortages out there I hate to think about how much is being wasted. It sometimes took a few minutes to get hot water to the shower. Once there it was nice and hot. The location is very nice in terms of getting to the beach or for shopping for groceries. The staff really are helpful and gave lots of help over my 2 week stay. I would stay here again and would bring my wife to this location for a vacation since the full kitchen avoids having to eat out every night. They have several grills outside and that allows you to make a great steak for much less money than local steakhouses. Also a great way to meet the neighbors if you get extra to go around.

Room Tip: Some units have fireplaces if you want the allure. second floor units avoid the walk by traffic and...
Green Features: Allowed you to opt out of daily room service but did not give a voucher for gift shop like other area motels. Water usage was biggest concern trying to get hot water to sink and shower.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We liked this hotel very much. It was not far from the highway and easy to get to. When we arrived the front desk staff asked where we wanted our room....by the pool was what my daughter asked for and we got it. The pool was nice and there were lots of other kids to play with. The room furniture was a little scuffed up, but it was reasonable given the likely wear and tear of any hotel. Nothing to complain about. The room was large and the pull out couch was comfy although it looked like it wouldn't give a good nights sleep. The kitchen was good sized for a couple. Daughter wished the tub was bigger but really had nothing to complain about with the pool and the hot tub next to our unit. The staff was nice. The pool area ran out of towels and I stopped in at reception and they gave me 2 more no hassle. The breakfast was great with lots of choices: waffles, mini pancakes, eggs, bacon, cereal, oatmeal, potatoes, fruit, yogurt, bagel, toast etc. It does get crowded and I had to wait 5 minutes for more waffle batter to be brought out...but there were tons of people.

All in all a GREAT stay, at a GREAT hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Bowie, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is right down the street from SanDiego Univ. The location is pretty close to some good restaurants. The hotel itself is blended right into the community so if you are not paying attention, you could drive right past it. Overall, my stay was pretty good. The hotel staff that checked me in was very professional and courteous even though I checked in at 11:45pm. I had a studio room which was still pretty spacious. The one concern that I had was that the work desk is located in the kitchen area. This was a little different but not a deal-breaker unless you are working and someone else is cooking. The breakfast was good and they had plenty to choose from. I will stay again when I am back in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business