“Great Happy Hour Value”

Nozomi 2
Ranked #136 of 1,236 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stay at the Marriott across the street from this restaurant and have stopped here for dinner a few times including just last night. The servers are very friendly kids and the food is really very good. Their happy hour menu extends to 6:30 PM and features great bargains for both sushi and rolls as well as drinks. Outdoor patio isn't the most comfortable seating but for a quick and delicious meal you really can't beat the value. I will definitely be back.

2  Thank bccrab

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I really don't know much about sushi other than California roll but this was pretty darn good. We had several sushi selections and all of it was well prepared. My entree was shrimp and veggie tempura. Coating was light and not greasy. Service was excellent. Not much indoor seating so we sat outdoors near a heater. Decent beer selection including a few craft beers.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful little find in La Jolla. Close to the Marriott's parking lot, this quaint little gem of a restaurant has a nice outside deck, fresh and crisp salads and sushi. I've eaten here twice in two days, and may go back again tomorrow. I'm not sure that I'd travel miles to get here, but if you're close by, it's a surprisingly satisfying find.

2  Thank Improvisit
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nozomi has the most innovative sushi rolls, and they are fantastic. Service is very friendly. Try their Spicy Cilantry roll.It is my favorite. Their happy hour is great. You get to try a lot of their specialty rolls for a great price.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This place doesn't look like too much from the outside. It's pretty small inside, but there's a nice patio setting outside surrounded by a bamboo wall. My colleague and I sat inside at the sushi bar so we could chat to the chef.
Many of the sushi rolls were very Americanized, and understandably so to cater to local tastes. Where else would you get a deep fried sushi roll?
I ordered some of the more traditional stuff - sashimi followed by Unagi-don; it was sensational.
Wine list is very basic but the food was memorable and very good value.

1  Thank Jaundiced_Eye