“Best Gelato Outside of Italy”

Gelateria Frizzante
Ranked #5 of 53 Dessert in La Jolla
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I love the gelato here, and we stop by whenever we visit San Diego. Our great friend Yoshi has said many times that the chocolate hazelnut is the bomb! Very highly recommended!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

OMG - I sampled mango (was ok), lemon cookie & their top seller... Salted Caramel. Well, I didn't like the salted caramel - but LOVED the lemon cookie. omg omg omg. I want MORE now! Then, hubby messed it all up. He got the Chocolate Hazelnut and I almost had to beat him over the head to make him share it with me. DIVINE rich chocolately flavor -- NOT sweet, just incredibly smooth and rich. I am now a BELIEVER in gelato! My lemon cookie was much sweeter than the chocolate ---- but in a good way! lol I loved it too. I tried to be sneaky and get a quick trip in again the next day, but failed my mission! Now I'm sad and longing for more! Next time in San Diego area, this is a MUST! PLEASE open up a shop in Michigan! :)

Reviewed 22 February 2014

This tiny little ice cream shop serves tasty Gelato in the heart of La Jolla on Prospect Street. Generous portions. Not too expensive, good food! Refreshing and can eat at the place or take it for a stroll around this wonderful village!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This great little shop has a broad selection of fun and delicious flavors of gelato. It is a little slice of Italy and a fun stop while browsing through the stores in LaJolla Village. Don't miss the Salted Carmel. It's to die for!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We recently spent a week in/around La Jolla and could not stay away from this place. Unbelievable Gelato and great service to complete the experience.