“Bargain dining”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
chicago
“Bargain dining”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This brew pub serves inexpensive and tasty fare. Service is excellent and the atmosphere is lively and pleasant. It makes for relaxing ,easy on the budget dining in a generally expensive ares. The congenial staff work hard to match patrons with a beverage from a wide selection.

There were a number of groups enjoying themselves and one can eat quickly or linger.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank joesChicago

• Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food- OK Beer”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Beer tasting is one of my favorite things to do. I went to Karl Strauss and did a sampling with my boyfriend. To my surprise (since it is a change) I didn't like any of the beers they had. On the other hand, they had a great food menu and my salad was awesome. I would return for food but not for drinks.

Visited February 2014
Blaine, Washington
“Rather too spicy....”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

If you are not a lover of spicy food, there is not a lot on the menu that you will enjoy, except, perhaps the fish and chips. Ask your server if the sauce can be omitted. Even the bread with my entree was highly spiced.

That having been said, the service was good and the food arrived hot. Try sharing the desert brownie with ice cream - a great value for a HUGE portion.

If you are not sure which beer to choose, ask for up to 3 free samples.

Visited March 2014
Lorne, NS
“Very Good Food, Great Service”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Four of us ate there, we were all very impressed with our waiter's knowledge of the various beers available. We were given free samples of a number- some I really liked, some I didn't although others did like them.

The food is great! Generous portions.

Visited March 2014
Houston, Texas
“Bad Food, bad experience”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had a business dinner here one night. The food was terriable, but the beer was good. The bad experience came from when the waitress accidently taped two people in our group on the heads with plates. The manager came, out and appoligized, gave the two people free beers, and then proceeded to tell them they could not leave the resturant until they signed a waiver removing the resturant from any liability. The small hits on the head were very minor and we laughed about it at the time. This place must be run by a lawyer.

• Visited February 2014