“Nice bar and bartender”

Los Gatos, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice bar and bartender”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Bartender very helpful with other beer places to visit. Had a good shrimp sandwich, beer, and my wife liked the sparkling wine splits.
Delicious beers.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Steve S

• Turkish first
Columbus, Georgia
“Nasty Appetizers”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

After eating some seriously gross appetizers and one round of drinks, we hit the road. The fondue was not fondue. It was a small cast iron pot filled with some sort of cheese dip that wasn't very fondue like at all. The carne asada fries were pretty gross, too. Way way way too spicy and that was coming from a guy who loves to turn up the heat. The drinks were great though. My man loved the beer he got, and my vodka cocktail was made just how I like it. I liked that they bring put beer samples with the food you choose though, that was cool. Even though the food wasn't good, the beer did pair well. I wouldn't say don't go here, just try something else!

Visited May 2014
La Jolla, California
“Flat iron delight”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Best I've had in a long time. Mashed potatoes and gravy make this my all time favorite. When asked where I wanted to go for a mother's day meal,I never hesitated a moment. Strauss always has something for everyone and pleasant staff as well.

• Visited May 2014
“Great location in La Jolla”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Great place to have a beer and a delicious meal. Staff is very friendly. Loved the Nacho Stack! We always come back when we are in SD...

• Visited April 2014
Staten Island, New York
“You'd better like Southwestern/Mex”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

If you're NOT going here for the beer, you'd better be a fan of all things Southwestern/Mex, as the menu is extremely heavy on this type of cuisine. We ordered the Rollos Pollos as an appetizer - those were quite good. I had the Mac and Cheese as my entree.. it was not what it was hyped up to be on the menu. Probably would skip this place if I went back to SD. Just not my type of place.

• Visited March 2014