“A (Decent)Last Resort”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa
“A (Decent)Last Resort”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Clean rooms with fresh paint. Dated furnishings from the '80's. Rooms open into the noisy parking lots with multi-cultural arguments extending into the wee hours. People sleeping in cars because their debit cards were refused. If it hadn't been 2am this would never have been on my radar.

Room Tip: Right off the interstate. Bring earplugs
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FlyBoyAA
Connie F, General Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
First I would like to thank you for providing us with a review. The staff and management regret not completely fulfilling your expectations, but we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

With regard to the noise, some customers unfortunately do not consider the impact they have on the comfort of other guests and we apologize for the disruption. As result we are currently in the process of expanding the hours of our security service and our staff is always available to respond to noise complaints.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon!

Warm Regards,

cflores@heritagehotelgroup.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 20 May 2013

What an awful experience - my daughter & I arrived around 8pm to check in & got served through a bullet-proof window because they would not let anyone in the reception area. Judging by the other guests I could see why-it was just like a shady motel you see in the movies where there are ladies-of-the-night, junkies & people selling drugs. After seeing our grubby, smelly room located at the back of the hotel with badly lit, stained corridors we told the people at the front desk we could not stay & were going to find something else. They told us that we would still have to pay for a nights stay. They then moved us to a ground floor office right next to reception & opposite the pool where we figured as long as there were people around we would be safe. The room was a bit cleaner - thank goodness we had our own water because we had visions of dead bodies or other horrible things in the ice-maker machine
Got the giggles when we saw that they offered room service..........if you phoned Dominos :0)
We also got the giggles wondering if the Breakfast Included would mean a Pop-Tart being shoved under the bullet-proof window by the unfriendly clerk
Did not venture out of the room till day break and hightailed out of there before 6.30am
Would never recommend this place to anyone, not even my worst enemy

Room Tip: If you have to stay there get a room close to the parking lot so you can make a fast escape
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mandy153
Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. Please accept my apologies for having taken so long to email you back. The housekeeping staff is committed to continuously increasing the standards of cleanliness to match and exceed the expectations of our valued guests. In addition, our complimentary fresh-brewed coffee/tea and pastries are available in the lobby during the morning hours for your enjoyment. I can assure you that the property location is safe and the hotel is properly secured. The staff and management regret not having completely fulfilled your expectations and we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Shady clientele, had to call 2 early mornings (2 am) due to next door had several people 'visiting' the room, they also had 2 little toddlers and a dog, was approached for solicitation, police called to premises almost every night of our 17 night stay, 3 available outlets in room, fluctuation of water temperature for shower, noisy, over priced for what you get. Continental breakfast - nothing to write home about :( Pool and hot tub shut down due to state law for ADA compliance. :( Internet problems not communicated from over night shift to day manager

Room Tip: Not here. Not worth money saved.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sadibooked
Connie F, General Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
To one of our valued guest: Let me start by thanking you for having taking the time to provide us with your review on your stay at our property. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfactory. We took your feedback to heart and have been focusing on improving our amenities. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. We hope to see you again.
Connie Flores - General Manager
cflores@heritagehotelgroup.com.
Lincoln City, Oregon
Reviewed 8 November 2012

The hotel was a good place to come with kids and groups .Room look like a motel 6 room as you can see in the picture maybe some up dating is needed .
The location of the room was good for us because it was next to the track where the Soap Box Derby races were being held.

Room Tip: right by the freeway , not a bad place to stay..
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Roldanf
Connie F, General Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
To our Former Guest: Please accept my sincere apologies for having taken so long in e-mailing you back. Let me start by thanking you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to send a review regarding your stay at our property
Staff & Management are simply delighted to learn that our efforts to make your stay a pleasant and comfortable one fulfilled your expectations, we thank you very much for giving us such encouraging points your feedback is much appreciated, this information is used to improve our Customer Service and focus on other general issues. We hope to see you again.
If we can be of assistance in the near future please do not hesitate to contact us at: 619 698 9444.
Again, thank you. Have a nice day!
Connie Flores - General Manager
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

I checked in late on a Friday night and at about 1:30 am I noticed something crawling on the comforter. I looked again and there were bed bugs on the comforter on both beds. I was moved right away to the first floor from the second floor. The night lady seemed shocked that this happened however the lady in the morning seemed far too casual about it. They refunded the second night and said only a manager could refund the night I actually stayed. I left my number Saturday morning, Saturday night, and Monday morning, and haven't received a call.

• Stayed October 2012
5 Thank CherylS81
Connie F, General Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Let me start by thanking you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review regarding your stay at our hotel. It is because of guests like yourself that we become aware of issues and are able to correct them to ensure all of our guests enjoy their experience here at the Heritage Inn.

We take reports of bed bugs very seriously and perform routine test to make sure that our rooms are free of any infestations. Additionally, our property was randomly inspected for such instances and we are pleased to report that we have always passed with flying colors.

Of course, if you are uncomfortable in the room you are assigned we are always more than happy to move you to another room and investigate any issue.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future. If we can be of further assistance in the future please don't hesitate to contact us at 619-698-9444.

Colton, California
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The room smelled so nasty, and gross. The room looked like it had never been updated. Over priced, this was my first and last time staying there. To be honest this was one of the most ugly and gross hotels I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank marie961
Connie F, Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Dear Marie Colton:
Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to give us yor comments regarding your recent stay at our property, also please accept my sincere apologies for taking so long in e-mailing you back. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations, please know we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving, it is our hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Thank you again for your comments and have a nice day!
Manager
Ventura, California
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Front desk people are very rude, On our 1st night we ask for extra pillow, they did not have any but the way front desk people talk extremly rude to us, next morning arount 8:30am i called and request for some extra pillow & fresh towel for our 2nd night stay, arount 8pm we came back to our room no extra pillow, also no fresh towel, so i called front desk 1st they hank up my son's call then after waiting over 5 minute they hang up my call, so i call back very disappointed, no answer why the did not do the room service or have some extra pillow,i ask for some fresh towel i have to go at the front desk to get it,,,,very poor service(i should say they have no service at all)
Nafiz

Room Tip: i will not recomended even to my enemy
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank IVEYNAFIZ
Connie F, Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear Ivey Nafiz:
Let me start by thanking you for completing our Guest Survey regarding your stay at our property.
Please accept my apologies for the unexcusable delay before e-mailing you back.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 619 698 9444.
SIncerely,
Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa
Rodeway Inn San Diego Near Qualcomm Stadium
Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU
Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area

Been to Heritage Inn La Mesa? Share your experiences!