“Don't just drive by” 4 of 5 bubbles

Transit: Metro Bus 1.
San Diego, California, United States
“Don't just drive by”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We went to Haritna's for lunch and I admit I was a little nervous as there was no one in sight and we had never been there. We were unfamiliar with the menu. The waitress was very helpful and explained everything to us and made helpful suggestions. We shared a few appitieser dishes. We all learned quite a bit and the Fool tasted great. I would not had ordered it if not for our waitress. The bread is made on site and some of the best I can remember having. Over all a very enjoyable experience.

• Visited November 2013

San Rafael, California
“Don't miss this one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

If you like genuinely personal service, excellent food freshly prepared, and a homey atmosphere, this is a "don't miss" restaurant. On the corner of El Cajon Blvd and 73rd, it's easy to not notice. We went there on a recommendation, and made a special effort to go back to El Cajon so we could eat there again.

The food is middle Eastern. If you like that (we do) it's one of the best. If you haven't tried it, this is the best place, as it's the best we've tasted.

Some evenings, they also have entertainment ( a singer, or even a jazz quartet).

• Visited October 2013
Seattle
“Superior Middle Eastern Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had lunch here. I had an excellent falafel sandwich (the pita was especially excellent. The real star of the was the side ofbaba ganoush -- probably the best ever. This version had been chopped and mashed, but not run through a blender, so isome txture to it, which made a big difference. Really excellent service, too.

• Visited September 2013
Tucson
“3 outta 3 aint bad!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

I try to hit Haritna anytime I'm the area. This time I had a 3 day business trip from Lemon Grove all the way up to Escondido and I managed to eat there all three days! Day 1 (Wed): I showed up at 9PM when I was arriving into town and I had a delicious Beef shawerma sandwich and a little baklava for desert. A very funny comedian was concluding her act as I finished up my meal. Day 2 (Thurs): I had a half-Chicken (Their specialty). I could only eat about half of it and I was full and content. I did save up a little bit of room to have a little bit of Baklava again. A very talented Jazz band was playing that night and they were terrific! I may have filled up a little bit too much on their incredible baked bread but it was worth it! Day 3 (Friday): I tried the Gyro for the first time there and really enjoyed it. It wasn't too greasy like a lot of gyro meat I've tried in the past. Because it was in between lunch and dinner, there wasn't any entertainment yet. I skipped on dessert since I had a long drive back home to Arizona. I want to thank everyone at Haritna. Chantal, V, Vienna and Amira and of course.. Yousef! You always make me feel like "family!

• Visited April 2013
Alpine, California
“good food...cheap price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

lets start by saying that I have never ordered off the menu here. For whatever reason we always seem to be in this area on a sunday and on sunday (friday's too) they have a little buffet and its great. The buffet is around $10 and there is a nice selection of food and bread. They have a small patio and there were some old middleeastern dudes smoking a hooka, but I'm not sure how that works, you'll have to ask. They have belly dancing on saturday nights and the notes said they have various live music events during the week. My wife ordered some hummus to go and when we tried it, it was tasty and delicious. Give this place a try its small....its cheap.....its great!

Visited September 2012