“Authentic Italian and style in Lake Murray area”
Review of Antica Trattoria

Antica Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Antica Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 205 Restaurants in La Mesa
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
“Authentic Italian and style in Lake Murray area”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I have enjoyed this restaurant quite a few times for birthdays, anniversaries, special achievement recognition. We heard about it through Groupon and have continued to snatch up the discount coupons whenever they're available. The waiters are very attentive and immediately provide water and bread to dip in the seasoned olive oil. The food offerings are very authentic and arrive beautifully plated. Wether it's their marinara, fried calamari, lasagne or rich Alfredo dishes, the shrimp, sausage, meatballs are flavorful and all are expertly prepared. You can ask for any shape pasta you like for any of the dishes as well as gluten-free options. They have a full bar and I've enjoyed a Gin and Tonic or a nice bold red wine. Then walls are painted with some murals of Tuscany and interesting crate woods and burlaps with italian printed on them. It's warm and inviting. Get your table early to avoid crowds or dive right in at the 7:00 pm dinner hour. Be prepared for a lively family crowd. Kids can get noisy. There are tables for 2 or 8. You might like it like we do:) Check it out!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Flojingle

Los Angeles, California
“I didn't expect Italian food this good!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

It was Mother's Day. We had driven to the San Diego area from Hollywood, and we planned on dinner with a friend. He chose the restaurant, and the joint was jumpin' (metaphorically speaking, as it has a lovely decor - it's no "joint") and the decibels were rising by the minute. But the service was excellent, and the wine list had one of my favorite wines in the world (an Amarone di Valpolicella by Bolla). Joey and I had spring salads with pear and candied walnuts, Hugh had a caesar salad, and to complement the Amarone, we all chose the Angus boneless short ribs. They definitely did not disappoint - tender, succulent, not fatty, and the memory of the cabernet and herb sauce over the ribs and mashed potatoes makes me want to drive back down to La Mesa and order the same dinner - all over again!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank eurovicki
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best night out”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My name is Krystal Bruun I would love to work we're I enjoy eating ! I plan on returning with all my best friends and family ! Andrew was really welcoming that's when I ask for a job. I would love to be part of the great atmosphere he had going in his restaurant. Your restaurant has never failed my taste buds yet, I love the food drinks and more......

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Krystalbruun
La Mesa, California
“Good "real" Italian”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

If you're looking for a good Italian restaurant-look no further. Great "real" Italian menu, with a nice wine selection and service beyond compare. Been there several times, and have never been disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank james g
La Mesa, California
“Best Neighborhood Italian”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Top notch Italian restaurant in East County with excellent service. The fact it is always busy is a testament to this excellent dining establishment

• Visited December 2013