“Good Place To Stay for Business, simple and clean”

Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa
Reviewed 10 November 2010

This is a nice little place to stay if you need somewhere to stay a night or two, especially on business. I remember my stay in February as being simple and quiet and comfortable, and I'm going to be staying one more night in a few weeks. The beds are large and comfortable, it has a small pool, and there is a small restaurant in the hotel as well. The rooms were clean, came with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. There is also a McDonald's across the street and a well stocked 7-11 next door (I was there as an Air Force recruit and realized very last minute that I was not supposed to have nail polish on, so I was very grateful for the 7-11 and it's travel sized nail polish remover), so if you have kids or you just need some snacks or basic vacationing extras, there are plenty of places you can go.

One thing that is important to understand though, is that this small hotel is used heavily for military use. There is a military processing station down the street and many of us stay at this particular hotel for the night. Now, my entire stay was pretty quiet and uneventful and I didn't have any problems with noise at all, but keep in mind that most of the people staying there are probably going to be military recruits. There was no crazy kids or loud noise from guests when I was there, but I DID get up at 3am, get ready, and get down to the restaurant by about 4am, so doors are likely to be opened and closed pretty early in the morning. As I said before though, I didn't hear any extra noise, it was pretty dim and quiet there from what I remember, and I stayed on a Friday night. :)

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel as a good place to stay for a night on business or a short stay on a road trip. It's definitely a nice, comfortable enough place to stay, but definitely not resort quality, so I wouldn't recommend extended stays.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa

Reviewed 18 October 2010

We had 2 major problesm during our 4 day stay that were not addressed by the hotel management nor by Holiday Inn when comments were submitted on online survey after stay.
Our toilet was stopped up. Asked them to fix when we left for the day. When we returned 10 hours later it was not fixed. Called to front desk and told someone would come up shortly to fix. A man came with a plunger in a black trash bag and handed it to me!
Lock on my sister's door was not working probably. When we returned from this 10 hour day, her room door was ajar, probbaly left by the cleaning staff early that day. Security breaches are not exceptable!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank cgmeerfl
Reviewed 8 September 2010

YUCK! This was the worst experience staying in a hotel I have ever had. I stay over in hotel's two to three times a month due to work, and Holiday Inn La Mesa is by far the worst. Very very loud, rude staff, very rude management, bed bugs, and very dirty restaurant. I don't enjoy eating food that has a pool of dish water under it. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank MRolsworth
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Great experience - wonderful hotel, staff, rooms were great, good location and great price. Will stay there again!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank KathleenQS
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Decent room but there was a minor ant problem. Free Internet and parking.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wicked51
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Visited for a wedding and was very comfortable staying at the Holiday Inn. The beds and linen were very clean and comfortable, clean granite bathroom, flat screen TV, and the mini fridge was handy.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 3 March 2010

This was a last minute reservation that was a very pleasant surprise. The entire property was lovely and pleasant ...especially the helpful front desk staff.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Mesa
Lodge Of La Mesa
#5 of 8 in La Mesa
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
SpringHill Suites San Diego Mission Valley
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
San Diego Marriott Mission Valley

Been to Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa? Share your experiences!