“I was totally exhausted upon check-in in the late evening...”

Days Inn & Suites San Diego SDSU
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tola
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Rats were seen on the side walks, at the door to the room and in the bushes. Rats, rats, rats. Big rats. When I told the front office that we couldn't stay they reacted as if it were common. Rats were big.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank azblog
DaysInnLaMesaLaMesa, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites San Diego SDSU, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hello Azblog,

I guess their is some kind of miscommunications, at our hotel we do not have any bushes or any such type of plantations. Your stay at our hotel was in sept 2013 and have found no complaint of that short in our records.

Our hotel has a simple, neat and clean landscaping. though we have taken your review into consideration and shall be taking serious steps if any such activity found.
Orange, California
Reviewed 17 May 2014

BED BUGS! horrendous customer service, dirty, disgusting rooms and the RUDEST MOST UNPROFESSIONAL people I have ever experienced in all my hotel stays (which are well in the hundreds.) I can not say how bad of an experience this was for myself and employees. The general manager tried to tell me that the bed bugs could have come from anywhere after one of his other employees already confirmed to me that they did indeed have bed bugs and they had even taken steps to eradicate them: Removing carpet, linens and drapes in the affected rooms.

This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at and truly am mentally scared. I stay in hotels frequently and am now checking every room from this day forward for any signs of bed bugs. If you have never experienced these things, it is torture and the room I stayed in had to have had thousands due to the amount of bites I woke up with. Literally ALL over my body.

After contacting the GM and asking for a refund, he proceeded to tell me I am a liar and they had fixed any issue they may or may not have had with an exterminator (hence the bug spray smell) what this ignorant person does not know is that even exterminators rarely can fully eradicate bed bugs. He refused to refund my money and HUNG UP ON ME! I informed him I would be paying a visit to any and every site that reviews his hotel and he said, "Thats fine, we will just go in and deny it."

It is a Days Inn and I was not expecting luxury, but what I got would be comparable to staying in a run down slum motel. Unacceptable and I hope this hotel is out of business very soon. Please do not stay here for your own health!

I rarely ever write reviews, I have to be extremely upset to go out of my way to do something that I know will hurt a business, but this hotel and the people who represent it need to be held accountable for their establishment. F- failure on every level imaginable. Disgraceful is the closest word that I can think of to describe whoever runs this establishment.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank johnco2014
Hello Johnco,

We had researched the room you where in and found no bed bugs nor any activity of those kind. We have our pest control report for the same. According to us and the pest control their might be a possibility of food or weather allergy.

Once again accept our apology other then the bed bug issue.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I had a recent 14 night stay on business...what a pleasant experience. The staff was outstanding, from the moment I checked in, till I departed. Heena at the front desk was VERY helpful picking me out a updated, clean and comfortable room...also they carried everything I forgot to pack. Thanks for making this work trip relaxing!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Kunaaal
DaysInnLaMesaLaMesa, Manager at Days Inn & Suites San Diego SDSU, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Hello Kunal,

I appreciate your posting n experience during your stay at our hotel. I feel proud of my staff and hotel when they take care of the guest like their own family.

Our hotel has always been " A home away from home"

Once again accept my apology for any inconvenience and thanks for the appreciation.
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Mesa
Days Inn and Suites Sea World
Days Inn and Suites Sea World
#221 of 279 in San Diego
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,204 reviews

Been to Days Inn & Suites San Diego SDSU? Share your experiences!