“Not as good as previous stays”
Review of Lodge Of La Mesa

Lodge Of La Mesa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa
Reviewed 6 June 2014

It'd been a couple years since we stayed here, and wasn't quite as good this time. Our toilet seat was worn through to the wood and needed to be replaced. We had two rooms, requested that they be near each other, but were quite far apart (as always). My husband asked a stupid question about the baby counting as a person (which it says clearly there that babies count) and then I had to explain to the clerk multiple times that we didn't have extra people. We had actually reserved two rooms, with 2 adults and 2 children each - so, 8 people total. We actually only had 4 adults and 3 children - so only 7 people. We almost got ourselves kicked out because of my husband's stupid question. The whole ordeal left me really flustered. Also, no waffles anymore in the morning :(.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Reviewed 29 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After reading all of the reviews across various sites, I have to say that I went in with "heightened alert" so to speak. However, I did not encounter any customer service issues, cleanliness issues or anything else. The desk clerk was very cordial and they seemed to all be that way throughout our 3-night stay. There were 4 different wifi channels available however, I would suggest that the hotel secure them as they can be easily accessed by the people who live on the backside of the hotel. Our room overlooked the pool which was very nice. My 14 y/o son used the pool twice however it was not heated which was a drag. We noticed solar panels on the backside of the roof and were hoping these were used to help heat the pool, but that was not the case. The room was nice (2 queen bed) with a microwave, small fridge and a small counter area with a sink next to them. All in all it was a nice stay and we did not encounter any problems. I do have to say that a lot of reviews I read were upset/taken by suprise when they had to provide a deposit even though they had pre-paid--be prepared for this as this is at every hotel I have ever stayed at. And be prepared to not check in before 4pm--which should be shown on your booking confirmation. Don't expect the staff to change their policies to please you--be prepared.

1  Thank mstng97lvr
Reviewed 26 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The desk clerk was less than helpful when I requested an additional blanket. Sign at check in desk said no visitors. My children and I had to leave the hotel for them to see their father for the few hours he was available during our stay.Also a sign that said to not leave children unattended and to keep noise to minimum. Funny that when I called down late in the evening to ask them to make contact with the parents of the young children running down the hall screaming, the desk clerk seemed put off by my call. Then a few minutes later an adult whom I can only assume was with the noisy child went up and down the halls clapping and screaming "woot woot" for several minutes. They obviously don't know how to wipe down the breakfast tables in the mornings. They were sticky all 3 days. ironic since we sat at a different table each day.However the good part was the very attentive cleaning lady. Our room was spotless and the beds were beautiful everyday. The worst part were the mattresses. They were well worn from years of use. The left one closest to the door in room 113 needs to be replaced. Was a disappointment staying at this hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Mesa
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Kings Inn San Diego
Kings Inn San Diego
#26 of 278 in San Diego
Motel 6 La Mesa CA
#2 of 8 in La Mesa

Been to Lodge Of La Mesa? Share your experiences!