“Excellent customer service. Great wifi”

Best Western Plus La Mesa San Diego
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is clean and convenient. Carlos worked the desk and was as welcoming as could be. He baked some chocolate chip cookies and had fresh coffee to help "spoil" our dinner. The room was cooled and not stuffy. The hotel just smells clean. The beds are firm but comfortable. The furnishings are classic and fresh. Good location. We will stay here again if given the opportunity.

Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

From the moment we entered the door Carlos welcomed us and made us feel like we were home. He had home-baked chocolate chip cookies and fresh coffee. The room is very comfortable. We came here after having a very bad experience in another hotel not too far away. This is a welcome respite after that experience.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This property is a way from San Diego about a 15 min drive. Good value older property staff very friendly and helpful. Corridors a little dark room was very spacious liked that we had a small fridge and microwave. This hotel is right next to the highway so you do hear traffic. There were a couple of restaurants near by as well. Breakfast was very good didn't get to check out the pool was a little cold when we were there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I booked this hotel online. The person who checked me in was quick, efficient,and very helpful. All of the staff was very nice during my stay, and they are definitely still updating. The corridors were a little dark, and the halls seemed a little older, still, but the rooms were excellent, breakfast was wonderful, and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the interstate, it can get a little loud.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dawnh35
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Older Holiday Inn Express Property. They are upgrading and doing minor remodeling of the rooms. Rooms are clean. The staff is very good and friendly. Parking is ok but spots are a little small. Good location and freeway access. Nice stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed here overnight, needing a good night's sleep after a long drive and bad hotel stay the previous night (noisy neighbors surrounded us). The staff here was very friendly and helpful. They found us a room that was likely to be very quiet, which is the only thing we needed. In the morning, I sat in a comfy lobby chair reading and noticed how helpful the front desk clerk was as she assisted other guests.

The room was what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. The beds were a little too hard for my tastes though. I would definitely recommend this place, especially if you like a firm mattress.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus La Mesa San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Mark W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I was very delighted to hear that you were satisfied with your recent stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. We are highly motivated by your words and ensure you that we shall continue to strive for excellence. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I haven't stayed at a HIE for quite some time, but because of the location, I thought I would give this a try. Plus American Express Travel had an unbeatable deal. Check-in was smooth and very friendly. The two queen beds I booked was sold out, which left only kings. When I explained I had my daughter traveling with me, they offered a free upgrade to a suite. The room was quite, spacious and clean. Even though the property was right off the freeway, I didn't hear a bit of traffic.
The free hot breakfast had enough choices and was quite popular. Only problem; it was popular. The layout of room meant you kept bumping into other guests. I grabbed my food and went back to my room.
Because of the price, the service, location and friendly staff I would stay at this property again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Best Western Courtesy Inn
#3 of 15 in El Cajon
Best Western Continental Inn
Best Western Santee Lodge

Been to Best Western Plus La Mesa San Diego? Share your experiences!