“Local Dining Treasure”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2014

To start, we ordered cocktails. Mine was called "Mr. V's Exception" made with Sauza Tres Generacions Plata and DeKuyper mango liqueur. It was like a mango shake that packed a small punch. I thoroughly enjoyed my cocktail. I wanted a second one but I reluctantly declined ordering numero dos.

We ordered one of the four dinner specials that included either soup or salad. We tried the clam chowder and the French onion soup which is my favorite soup here. Our entree pick was the 10 oz. prime rib with your choice of baked potato, mashed potatoes, steak fries, etc. The meal included unlimited dinner rolls which is a bonus if you are not watching your weight (go up). The prime rib was cooked to my specifications and it was seasoned perfectly. It came with asparagus spears and the baked potato was giant size. I like the way they seasoned the skin of the potato with salt where most restaurants do not go the extra step.

To top off the meal, we shared a creme brulee for dessert which was creamy and the sugar topping was nice and crispy. This is a fine dining local restaurant where the food is always fresh and not pre-packaged like the chain restaurants. We will continue to come here to celebrate birthdays or just have a nice relaxing dining experience with great food.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I go here often as it's the only upscale dining restaurant in our area but that's not the only reason we visit...service is always great and friendly, food and portions are tasty and filling and the service in the bar always helps to make a great night out. This is our go to Date-Night eatery!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Following a recent appearance at the nearby La Mirada Theatre of Performing Arts, I shared a meal with a few fans who highly recommended Mr. V's. From the moment we were greeted by their chipper maitre'd to the moment our quietly efficient server brought the reasonable check, we were in heaven. The Chilean Sea Bass was sweet and succulent. The spicy-sweet hoisin sauce was wisely served on the side as it might offer too much heat for some. But it was right up my alley. Delish! I admit I groaned inwardly when our server listed the contents of the mixed vegetables. Thinking I was about to be served some icky steamed vegetables out of a freezer bag, imagine my surprise when fresh, brightly-colored roasted and slightly buttery carrots, cauliflower and broccoli arrived at the table. Too tasty for words! The fresh brewed coffee and tiramisu was a dream! Twice in one night my fans proved that they have good taste! :-)

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

This is an average restaurant at best. It's as good as Black Angus without a wait. The bar does most of the business. If you looking for a decent place to eat without a long wait, here it is... I've eaten here many times.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I surprised my husband on a random Wednesday night and booked a table during Happy Hour. The appetizers and drinks were so good, we stayed for dinner. Excellent service and excellent food. Great atmosphere too!

1  Thank CJ_Reilly