“Worst Service EVER!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in La Mirada
Dublin, CA
“Worst Service EVER!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2008

I booked 2 rooms with one King Bed room and when my plans changed I tried to change my reservations and I had the worst experience ever!

I was transfered to reservations multiple times even after telling them not to transfer me per their reservations departments request! When I finally spoke to a supervisior even thought I had asked to speak with the manager twice. Once I finally connected with this supervisor she informed me that nothing could be done and I was stuck in the rooms I booked!

I am wondering if I had not been transfered so many times would I have been able to stay in the rooms I wanted?!?!? This hotel is definaly not a place I will be returning to!!

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank CherryGirl7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Worcester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2008

Stayed here with my husband and child in March 2008. They gave us a 'smoking room' when we arrived. We asked to change to a 'non smoking' room but were informed that the hotel was 93% fully booked and could not change us. As my husband pointed out, this would indicate that 7% rooms were free, but they refused to change us even after we explained that our child was asthmatic!
After 3 days they eventually found us a 'non smoking' room. We unpacked our cases again only to stay there 1 night as there were other unwanted guests already in our bathroom, COCKROACHES! We were moved again. This room wasn't quite as bad as the cockroaches were smaller.
The reception staff were poor and often struggled to cash our travellers cheques.
The Red Robin restaurant on site was fine but the Elephant Bar across the road is better.
The only good thing about this hotel is the free transport and the helpful drivers.

• Liked — free transport
  • Disliked — cockroaches
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank holidayjunkie08

Travellers are raving about these La Mirada hotels

USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2008

We stayed here for one night while visiting a college nearby.

I had to wait at check-in for 15 minutes as only one person was on duty. He apologized over and over and gave us free breakfast vouchers to Red Robin (which is on site). I appreciated the gesture.

The room was clean and the beds comfy - 2 queen beds, large room, free wireless internet, big TV, nice bathroom.

I used the workout room and it was very satisfactory.

The breakfast was good - not great, but free due to our check-in issue.

Overall, a fine hotel - nothing spectacular, but met our needs and I would stay again if in that area.

• Liked — Close to our destination, clean, good price, large room
  • Disliked — Needed more staff
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
Taiwan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2008

Someone stole my hair clips and hair band, two of them. It's not expensive, but it really caused us inconvenience as we need to do the make up.

We informed the front desk about the situation, but one of them had really bad attitude about it. He informed us he couldn't think of a reason that anyone want to steal such a small thing. Anyhow, I just feel so unlucky to pick this hotel. His attitude is unprofessional as he is working at service industry.

The hotel was okay, but we also found it's not convenience when there's no fridge in the room.

Just don't leave anything open wide in the room, I suggest you to lock it in your luggage.

• Liked — None
  • Disliked — Poor shuttle service, bad attitude
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
Central valley, Ca.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2008

I was not too Impressed with this stay at the Holiday Inn In La Mirada. The Rooms were large, Bed was okay, the walls are way to thin, I could here people walking in the halls! I did have a problem with the tub...there was a wierd ashy substance in the tub and when I called down to have someone clean it the guy at the front desk I feel didnt really want to help me! they sent someone up to clean it, I ended up having to really clean it my self because there was still smudges of ash all over! they had a red robin there with kids eat free, the buffet in the am was not good, evening time we eat burgers which were very good. Overall I dont think I will be going back.

• Liked — Kids eat free and Beds were comfortable.
  • Disliked — Kinda felt unsafe in the room, not too clean.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
So. California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2008

This was my second stay at the hotel. The first was in 2006. In the past 2 years, this hotel quality has gone down.

The sheets were worn and frayed. the pillows were mushed into lumps. 4 small pillows on a king size bed.

The bathroom door would not lock. The shower curtain was too small and water would spray out onto the floor.

The carpet looked clean, but when my boyfriend went to take a shower and stepped into the wet tub, his feet made black marks all over the tub. I'm wondering when do they ever clean the carpets?

We had an adjoining room & there was a family in the next room with 5 kids...the kids tried over and over to open the adjoining door, for about an hour. They ran up and down the halls screaming. The day we were checking out, the little girl walked into our room when we were coming back into the room from loading our luggage in the car, now I know this is not the hotels fault, but I personally think the every hotel should have a floor that has no kids on it. I work with kids, but when I get away, it would be nice not to deal with them trying to get into my hotel room or disturbing my peace & quiet.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
Smithers, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2008

I can not say enough about how impressed I was with the courtesy and how pleasant Alexia (the Front Office Manager) was for our visit. It really made our stay a great one. The room was very clean and comfortable. Quality linen! The outdoor pool was perfect temperature. Not too warm and not too cool. Everything that we need was there. Extremely easy to get off of the I-5 northbound and easy enough getting onto the I-5 South towards Disney. I recommend this place immensely!

• Liked — Freindliness of Front Desk and Quality linen
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
#2 of 18 in Buena Park
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,493 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Buena Park
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk

Been to Holiday Inn La Mirada? Share your experiences!