“Close to everything”

Holiday Inn La Mirada
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in La Mirada
Reviewed 28 July 2008

Was presently surprised with the hotel. We arrived after 11am trying to get a room early, no luck so my hubby and I went to work out in their gym. Great flat screen TVs in workout room with 3 elipticals and treadmills with some free weights. Had towels as well as cold water, only the first day of our stay. I asked as so did my husband for towels and cups the 2nd and 3rd day, but never had them delivered. Oh well, that was the only major complaint.

Desk clerk came in about 30 minutes later saying they had a 2 bed room available but we would have to wait until 3 for a king room. We said the 2 bed would be fine.

Nice room, comfortable beds with 8 pillows, down comforter, nice furnishing. Step above regular Holiday Inn Hotels, the bathroom was very big.

Shuttle service was quick, free, and would take you anywhere (Disneyland, Knotts) within a ten mile radius. Don't forget to tip the driver, even a dollar. It amazes me that huge families with tons of kids forgot this little step. Tip a little!

Do not eat at the Red Robin downstairs. It was filthy and the service was bad. Do go to the Elephant Bar across the street or at least the In n Out down the street.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 April 2008

I booked 2 rooms with one King Bed room and when my plans changed I tried to change my reservations and I had the worst experience ever!

I was transfered to reservations multiple times even after telling them not to transfer me per their reservations departments request! When I finally spoke to a supervisior even thought I had asked to speak with the manager twice. Once I finally connected with this supervisor she informed me that nothing could be done and I was stuck in the rooms I booked!

I am wondering if I had not been transfered so many times would I have been able to stay in the rooms I wanted?!?!? This hotel is definaly not a place I will be returning to!!

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank CherryGirl7
Reviewed 11 April 2008

Stayed here with my husband and child in March 2008. They gave us a 'smoking room' when we arrived. We asked to change to a 'non smoking' room but were informed that the hotel was 93% fully booked and could not change us. As my husband pointed out, this would indicate that 7% rooms were free, but they refused to change us even after we explained that our child was asthmatic!
After 3 days they eventually found us a 'non smoking' room. We unpacked our cases again only to stay there 1 night as there were other unwanted guests already in our bathroom, COCKROACHES! We were moved again. This room wasn't quite as bad as the cockroaches were smaller.
The reception staff were poor and often struggled to cash our travellers cheques.
The Red Robin restaurant on site was fine but the Elephant Bar across the road is better.
The only good thing about this hotel is the free transport and the helpful drivers.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank holidayjunkie08
Reviewed 13 March 2008

We stayed here for one night while visiting a college nearby.

I had to wait at check-in for 15 minutes as only one person was on duty. He apologized over and over and gave us free breakfast vouchers to Red Robin (which is on site). I appreciated the gesture.

The room was clean and the beds comfy - 2 queen beds, large room, free wireless internet, big TV, nice bathroom.

I used the workout room and it was very satisfactory.

The breakfast was good - not great, but free due to our check-in issue.

Overall, a fine hotel - nothing spectacular, but met our needs and I would stay again if in that area.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2008

Someone stole my hair clips and hair band, two of them. It's not expensive, but it really caused us inconvenience as we need to do the make up.

We informed the front desk about the situation, but one of them had really bad attitude about it. He informed us he couldn't think of a reason that anyone want to steal such a small thing. Anyhow, I just feel so unlucky to pick this hotel. His attitude is unprofessional as he is working at service industry.

The hotel was okay, but we also found it's not convenience when there's no fridge in the room.

Just don't leave anything open wide in the room, I suggest you to lock it in your luggage.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2008

I was not too Impressed with this stay at the Holiday Inn In La Mirada. The Rooms were large, Bed was okay, the walls are way to thin, I could here people walking in the halls! I did have a problem with the tub...there was a wierd ashy substance in the tub and when I called down to have someone clean it the guy at the front desk I feel didnt really want to help me! they sent someone up to clean it, I ended up having to really clean it my self because there was still smudges of ash all over! they had a red robin there with kids eat free, the buffet in the am was not good, evening time we eat burgers which were very good. Overall I dont think I will be going back.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2008

This was my second stay at the hotel. The first was in 2006. In the past 2 years, this hotel quality has gone down.

The sheets were worn and frayed. the pillows were mushed into lumps. 4 small pillows on a king size bed.

The bathroom door would not lock. The shower curtain was too small and water would spray out onto the floor.

The carpet looked clean, but when my boyfriend went to take a shower and stepped into the wet tub, his feet made black marks all over the tub. I'm wondering when do they ever clean the carpets?

We had an adjoining room & there was a family in the next room with 5 kids...the kids tried over and over to open the adjoining door, for about an hour. They ran up and down the halls screaming. The day we were checking out, the little girl walked into our room when we were coming back into the room from loading our luggage in the car, now I know this is not the hotels fault, but I personally think the every hotel should have a floor that has no kids on it. I work with kids, but when I get away, it would be nice not to deal with them trying to get into my hotel room or disturbing my peace & quiet.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference  Center
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
#2 of 19 in Buena Park

Been to Holiday Inn La Mirada? Share your experiences!