“Mediocre. What a mess!”

Holiday Inn La Mirada
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in La Mirada
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This hotel was recommended online because it was near our destination. When I made reservations we were told we would be provided free breakfast and also there was a restaurant on the premises. When we checked in, we were disappointed to find there was no restaurant and even worse, no breakfast provided. I complained to the front desk and was given no relief or a manager to discuss it.further. The lack of a restaurant left us on our own and with no recommendations other that the Elephant Bar across the street. We ate there one night and found the food cold, tasteless and the staff unfriendly. The rooms were sufficient but you could tell it was a renovated property on the cheap. The AC was either too cold or too hot. The beds and pillow were very satisfactory and the television worked well. WiFi internet speed was extremely slow and prevented us from getting our work done. The bathroom sink was mounted in a piece of furniture that was so high, it was difficult to wash my face for shaving. In addition, there was no towel bar to hang hand towels for reuse. For the record, we told the front desk of the AC and internet issues but never received any acknowledgement. While I hate to complain this much about any property, the facts speak for themselves. I did get a letter from IFC swhich was a CYA letter stating their employees were angels and would bend over backwards for the guests and would never, ever lie. OK, and I have a bridge to sell you across the San Francisco Bay. Do yourself a favor and find a better place to stay.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
benjaminc614, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn La Mirada, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear NicknAZ49,

I'd like to personally apologize for all the issues you experienced while staying at our hotel during your recent visit.

I would like to look into each issue you have noted in the attempt to correct and improve our services. At your earliest convenience, please contact me personally to discuss this with you further.

Benjamin Chong
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 2 January 2014

we stayed here on New Years 2014. To be exact - our flight came in to LAX at almost midnight on NY eve so we checked into this hotel at around 1:30 AM on 1/1/14. We literally dropped into bed as soon as we got int the room and then checked out at 8AM. Therefore - my review is really based on very little. Check in took less than 5 minutes. The room was large and very clean. The shower was nice and hot and the bathroom was a nice size.
What I really liked was the mattress. All the holiday inn's seem to have these. They do not have springs and are pretty hard. Very very comfortable.
the lobby is simlple but very nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My family and I were based in this hotel for our USA trip. The front office personnels were helpful and friendly. We left our big luggages with the concierge at usd2 per bag when we travelled to other places. They even kept our laundry for us till we rechecked in. The time I was there, red robin restaurant which is adjacent to the hotel was closed. The breakfast was basic but we have no complaints. However if given a choice, I would prefer to stay in Buena Park or Cerritos areas as there are very few restaurants and shops in la mirada.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
benjaminc614, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn La Mirada, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Tammy7767,

First, thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel out of all the hotels you and your family could have chosen for your lodging needs.

The members of our team do a great job making everyone’s stay enjoyable by providing excellent customer service. I’m happy to hear that you were able to have a wonderful experience.

In regards to the restaurant, we’re truly sorry that the Red Robin was closed during your visit.
As a reminder, the hotel offers free shuttle service within a 5 mile radius, including Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm. If you ever have a chance to visit Southern California again, please know that the shuttle service is available to take you to any restaurant, shopping center, and theme parks within the 5 mile radius.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Benjamin Chong
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

My husband, son and I stayed here for 5 nights and 6 days. It was very clean and the staff was wonderful! They always greated us in the morning and when we came back after our adventures. Tge only thing we had issues with was that the beds were a little on the hard side and that the restaurant they had (Red Robin) was never open. The main reason we booked this hotel was because of that restaurant...our son loves it!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank cindy2810
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My recent business stay at the Holiday Inn in La Mirada California was very pleasant.
The hotel is centrally located allowing me to easily call on several customers throughout the LA area.
The hotel was clean and well kept although my room seemed overdue for a refresh.
The price was very reasonable compared to other hotels in the area including other IHG (Intercontinental Hotels Group) properties.
All of the staff was very friendly and happy to help in any way.
The Red Robin restaurant that is attached to the hotel had a good menu, the staff provided good service, the food was good and the take-out service was very fast.
As a IHG Rewards Club Platinum member I had access to the breakfast and happy hour suite which was very nice. The food selection was good and the hostess Cathy did a great job of servicing the entire room and went out of her way to make everyone feel welcome.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again when my travels require me to return to the LA area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel for three nights. I'd have liked to stay the entire week at this place! The staff greet you like you're an old friend every time you walk in the door, the shuttle is safe and professional, the housekeeping staff do an excellent job!
Some people have said the rooms were small but in comparison with the three other hotels we stayed at during our trip, the rooms were quite large and nice! Super clean and comfortable and safe! The VIP Breakfast was amazing with great service as well.
The only oddity is getting to the pool and hot tub you have to take a service elevator but that wasn't really a big deal. :)

Reviewed 10 November 2013

VERY CLEAN. Affordable $70 w/ tax. Since this hotel is just over the line in LA County rather than Orange County it's a good alternative to staying near Disneyland or Knotts Berry Farm and paying the 12% tourist tax.
Hotel is a little dated, rooms are small and to get to pool / spa / sauna you must use a weird service elevator ( go up one floor walk down long hall go down one floor in service elevator).
Would stay again. Price was right, location was good and housekeeping was superior!

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Mirada
#1 of 19 in Buena Park
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
#2 of 19 in Buena Park

Been to Holiday Inn La Mirada? Share your experiences!