“Amazing stay”

Holiday Inn La Mirada
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in La Mirada
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I will not forget my stay in this hotel. Its one of the best days in my life. The front disk were cooperated and friendly. The hotel have shuttle to any Disney land and any place within 5 miles. They have a nice restaurant we try it for the dinner and we got a delicious meals. I recommend this hotel and sure will stay her again. I want to thank the drivers Mr. Carlos and Mr. David for their cooperation and service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I got a great deal on this hotel through a third party website. The hotel looks nice from the outside. They are in the middle of doing renovations, so maybe they are sprucing the place up. There are three things I look for in a good hotel. One the air-conditioning better be working. Two, have a working pool to take my kiddos too. Three, the television should be working great. The air conditioner was broken. I called down the the desk and she said you need to set it at 68 and it would turn on. It blew out warm air all night long. It was horrible in 90 degree weather to have a non-working AC. I also told them when we checked out and she said that she have the maintenance person take a look at it. That doesn't really do me any good. I didn't feel like pushing it any further. The television just had a snowy picture. The remote didn't work. I told the front desk about this the next day and they said they would take care of it for the next guess. Again, that doesn't really do me any good. The beds were kind of hard as well. I know that is a preference thing. Also, the pool was closed for renovation. That was frustrating because the third party site advertised a pool, but there was none. I had some disappointed kiddos. They will take you to a water park down the street, but it is only open until 4:00 and costs 19 bucks a person to get in to. Not sure if they cover the admission or not. I did think the shower was amazing and it was a clean room in a great location. I just think they could step it up in the maintenance department. There should not be broken televisions and air-conditioners in the rooms, good deal or not. Maybe they are in the process of working on it.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, make sure you book a room on a non-smoking floor. If you book through a th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
benjaminc614, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn La Mirada, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Vecchio7,

I’m concerned about the multiple issues you’ve experienced during your most recent stay with us. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We accommodate many guests and it is our goal for provide dependable service. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I would like to promptly resolve the issues you raised, I need additional information. Please contact me by telephone at your earliest convenience.

Once again, please accept my apology.I look forward to discussing this matter with you soon.

Benjamin Chong
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have stayed here many times, it is a great safe location for business in the area and the price is always right. This time though I was sad to see the attached Red Robin is gone and replaced with a no name HI eatery. Luckily there are a couple decent places to eat right across the street. I also noticed the swimming pool is out of commission for a few weeks for a reno. I saw A LOT of families angry with very disappointed kids. Whoever had the bright idea to reno the pool during summer holiday time was no rocket scientist! I am worried this hotel is going down hill. Too bad.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear 62RKE,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. In regards to the hotel restaurant, we’re currently in the process of replacing the Red Robin restaurant into a brand new sports bar called Sporting News Grill. It’ll be fully renovated in the near future with upgrades that will enhance your stay and restaurant experience. I agree, the timing of the pool renovation could not have happened at the worst time. Unfortunately, we had no other options, in regards to the time table, of completing the city mandated pool renovations. The hotel has made alternative arrangements for our guests to use the city of La Mirada’s Aquatic Center for swimming, free to our guests.

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconveniences caused during your visit. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Best Regards,

Benjamin Chong
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Typical *** hotel. Quiet place, Medium size lobby but big restaurant.
Bus parking is far away from the hotel entrance and you have to carry luggage for long distance.
We met a wonderful young, hard working and co-operative manager.
We had nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rajiv1956
Reviewed 12 June 2014

we stayed here to join Las vegas tour next morning. It seems most of the guests were to join some or other tours. The hotel is away from city. Nothing nearby. It is good only as a transit point. The hotel was good . Neat and clean comfortable. However if you want do sight seeing in Los Angilis it is quite away and inconvenient.
Many buses comes here in the morning to take passengers for various tours. The fridge and microwave was misssing. Even breakfast is not included in the package and you have to buy seprately. Therefore if you book on net it looks quite reasonable but no other facilities are provided.

Room Tip: the hotel is only a trasit hotel unless you have work nearby its not suitable for LA.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn La Mirada, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Dipyd,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased you found our hotel clean and comfortable. On the other hand, we are very sorry that our location and some amenities did not live up to your expectations. As a valued guest, your feedback is greatly appreciated as this enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more pleasurable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very convenient to Biola University but freeway construction drives GPS crazy. Comfortable rooms but obviously in need of renovation. Staff helpful and friendly. We missed a fridge and micro. We always have a "doggie bag" to save. We didn't get a breakfast coupon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
benjaminc614, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn La Mirada, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear bbqdave,

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to serve you during your visit to Biola Univerisity.
I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to receive a fridge and microwave during your stay. Your feedback is valuable and helps identify in areas where we can improve to make your next stay with us more enjoyable.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We arrived in LA and found our way to La Mirada CA where our hotel reservations were. We were greeted warmly. The staff were very helpful during our stay. The pool and spa was nice and relaxing after a long day in Hollywood. One small thing about the rooms, NO refrigerator! Maybe people do not stay at this hotel long. A travel agency made our reservations! This hotel was about 1 1/2 - 2 hours from LA/Hollywood due to traffic. To travel 24 miles in LA takes about that long. Overall, we were pleased to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference  Center
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
#2 of 19 in Buena Park

Been to Holiday Inn La Mirada? Share your experiences!