“Customer Care”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - La Mirada
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in La Mirada
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I'm a business traveler; often with stays lasting several weeks. Knowing my tenure, places to eat and other services were quickly pointed out. The facility had a conveniently located washer and dryer area and the early morning coffee and snacks were appreciated. However, above all, the employees quickly knew my name and addressed me as such with every encounter. That bit of "customer service" took the edge off of being away from home.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - La Mirada, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Paul - Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the great customer service our staff showed you. We strive to provide all of our guests with a "home away from home" experience while they visit our hotel; it is rewarding to know we were able to do that for you.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - La Mirada

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Hotel is conviently located next to th 5 & 91 frwy..Rooms are nice clean and sufficient.. Hotel staff Jennifer Eliu & Nena are helpful and friendly.What they cant handle Katherina will do her best to get you situated..

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that Jennifer, Nena and Eliu were very helpful. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We found hair in our beds, bugs in our beds and pee stains on our sheets. We had to be moved from one of our rooms and upgraded to a suite because our sink was all black and black stuff was coming out of it and the room smelled like smoke. We also found needles in the suite.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Lexi632
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - La Mirada, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Lexi - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The room conditions you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Please know, we do not condone illegal activity of any kind, so we are taking your remarks very seriously. After discussing them with our Corporate Office, we will be taking the appropriate actions to ensure this does not happen again.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

We stayed here while checking out a nearby university for our youngest child. It is adequate, but it is not cozy or homey. It definitely seems designed for minimal services; it's more do-it-yourself. Of course, that's the point of an "extended-stay" inn, I guess, but it was less than charming. Also, our room smelled stale in some way. The complimentary breakfast really amounted to next to nothing. We've decided to not use this location again. However, I must say that the staff we met here were kind, extremely helpful, polite, and very nice!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - La Mirada, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Your comments in regards to the staff are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that you did not feel at home in our hotel and you found the breakfast to be minimal. We strive to improve in both of these areas.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Eliu,Jen and Nina they go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable .cant beat the price plenty of restaurants in the area, I would stay here again when I'm back on the west

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - La Mirada, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Kevin - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. It's great to hear that Nena, Jennifer and Eliu were helpful.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Extended Stay America is a great value for the money. The rooms are clean and pretty quiet overall. The kitchenette is a primary reason that I return to ESA properties throughout the country.

This facility's staff was extremely friendly, helpful and accommodating. Greeted daily with a smile and a "Wish for a good day". Any issue that came up was handled immediately, though there were few issues.

There is a lingering smoke smell on the 3rd floor hallway but I was on the 3rd floor and my room had no stale smoke smell.

My stay was for nearly 3 months and for any business traveller I'd recommend this property highly.

If you expect 5-star accommodations then you should look elsewhere but you should also understand the cost associated with a 5-star property. You do get more than you pay for here and it IS a good value for the price paid.

Room Tip: The reason I clicked on the terrible rating for pool and restaurant is because this property has nei...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - La Mirada, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Mr. Reilly, it was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at Extended Stay America La Mirada. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case. I am thrilled to hear that the staff provided a home away from home for you. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

On a positive note, the staff, especially Jennifer, was very good and helpful. Having said that, I didn't care for the accommodations, much. Yes, it is nice to have a full kitchen, but the desk is very small and this makes a difference for someone working. The shower didn't work well and bed was so-so. I don't like the idea of once a week cleaning and having to exchange towels at the front desk. The breakfast is very spartan. I realize you pay for what you get, but this place didn't seem clean and unpleasant smells were everywhere. If you are sensitive to the smell of smoke, you won't like this place, because stale smoke smell is everywhere, along with other unpleasant odors. Also, there were many noises from creaking floors overhead to shouting sounds from various places. I won't return.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank crooner7
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - La Mirada, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to recognize the efforts of our associates to provide a home away from home while you travel. I'm thrilled that everyone was so friendly. However I sincerely apologize about the unpleasant smell in the hotel.Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Mirada
Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference  Center
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
#3 of 19 in Buena Park

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - La Mirada? Share your experiences!