Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - La Mirada
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in La Mirada
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Room itself was alright. However, they don't provide shampoo nor hairdryer. We called the front desk. They told us to come down and get them. What a service. They didn't even have conditioner. Even though the price was reasonable, we would not return there.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Booked last minute, when I was just too tired to keep driving, and was pleasantly surprised. Super-friendly staff (both when I checked in and the next morning), decent and clean (if not super cosy) room, good wifi, and nice, hot shower. If I had any reason to stay in La Mirada another night, I'd have definitely re-booked.

Only negatives were the smoking room (they were out of non-smoking rooms, and apparently the site I booked it through didn't give me the option to choose), which was kinda gross, just because, y'know: ew (no more than a normal smoking room, but it you're a non-smoker, you know what I mean), and the "grab and go" breakfast, which is really just that. Pretty meager offering as breakfasts go, but, I guess since the hotel is designed for you to bring your own food and cook, it's basically a little bonus, so I can't really complain. Cup of coffee and a granola bar was fine. :)

Room Tip: Make sure you specify non-smoking. :(
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed at Extended Stay America for several months and the place is clean, the staff is amazing. From Katarina as the Manager, who is always available to help or just to talk to. Jen, Daniella, and Eliu at the front desk, always with a smile and always say hello by name, that unheard of these days. I would recommend this Hotel for a long stay and over night. The kitchen is so cool, you can fix your own dinner after a long day, and save money.

Please check this hotel and save money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The only thing I didn't like was I felt they were little to pushy at check out .was not really willing to work with me so I could pay for another nite I was given till 1:00 to have the money and when I didn't have it at 1 :00 was told I had to be out by one so not really no time to pack my belongings

• Stayed: October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - La Mirada, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Sheila - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm thrilled that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the way our staff handled your additional night's stay. Hotel policy is for guests to check-out by 11am or pay for an additional night by this time. While they were following these rules, I will be working with them to ensure they do so in a more professional manner moving forward.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The staff was so helpful didn't expect to stay here but i made the best of it... they were so helpful and since my plans went on the fritz my stay was comfortable I have stayed in other places but for some reason i wanted to try something new and I didnt make a mistake in choosing to stay here. Great location, great room, great staff Thank you again to all your staff

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - La Mirada, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you found your room to be comfortable, our location convenient. Also, I am happy to hear that our staff provided you with courteous and friendly service.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Katharina Miller is the manager and she is great at what she does. Very helpful, runs an amazing hotel and surrounds herself with a great staff. Jen and Daniella are endlessly helpful in every way possible. Always willing to answer any question you may have and if they don't have the answer off the top of their heads they go above and beyond to find the answer. They are always asking how your day is going or if you need anything. Both Jen and Daniella even congratulated my husband on finding a new job. You won't find that kind of personal interest at most hotels. Eliu is very willing to help. He always has kind words for all guests. The hotel is exceptional. Always clean and if you have to report that something is broke, it is fixed in a timely fashion. There is never a need to report it a second time. Because of the friendliness and urge to help of Katharina, Jen, Daniella and Eliu...staying here is the closest thing you will get these days to a "Mayberry" like atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank MarfaJB
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - La Mirada, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our service. I am proud of Jen, Daniella and our team for making your stay great.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed there with my husband and two babies during our visit to Disney land. As soon as we arrived our key didn't work so we had to go replace it , no problem no big deal we are pretty reasonable people. So the room smelled slightly like cigarettes but I had an air freshener with so just sprayed the whole place. The next morning we headed to the theme park and returned until midnight to our surprise our key didn't work. This time we got upset bcuz we each were holding a kid in our arms plus other bags and we had to go back down to the lobby for a new key. We checked out the next morning but unfortunately before leaving we spotted a huge cockroach by the bed. Ugh! For us that was the first and last time at this place. The beds are okay, and we needed more towels. They only had 1. Besides that the hotel is so close to the freeway if you are planning to travel.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am so disappointed that you had issues with your room keys and that your room was unclean. Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I am reviewing the key coding process with our front desk staff to ensure this is not an issue moving forward. As well, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies so that our guest rooms are fresh for each guests stay. Still, we hope you enjoyed Disney Land.

Once again thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future to show you our enhanced efforts.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Mirada
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
#2 of 19 in Buena Park
Residence Inn La Mirada Buena Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim North/Buena Park

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - La Mirada? Share your experiences!