“I like this place”

Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Valley View
Description: Welcome to North Woods Inn of San Gabriel, La Mirada and Covina! Come for juicy steaks, fresh seafood, enormous salads and our signature cheese bread. Whether you are in the mood for a quiet dinner for two, want to bring the office for lunch, or celebrate your next family milestone, our restaurant is the place for memorable meals. The warm woodsy atmosphere is very unique and features stained glass, oil paintings, & period lamps. We are just minutes away with locations in L.A. and Orange County. Enjoy abundant lunches and dinners at all 3 locations.
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I am a healthy eater, so I didn't think I would like this place. However, I do like it very much. I eat there for lunch and I typically have either the Mahi Mahi or the Halibut. I skip the cheesy bread and have extra of the purple cabbage salad. It makes for a very tasty meal and very healthy, under the above mentioned conditions. It is definitely worth a try and people I have taken there for a business lunch are always pleased and amazed they have never stopped there before to eat.

There are newer reviews for Clearman's North Woods Inn

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Food has always been top notch, plenty and unique. Red cabbage salad, cheese butter on a baked potato the size of Idaho, a house steak sauce that is so tasty.( You have to ask for it though because they no longer put it on the table ) and of course the peanuts. You'll have fun with that one and you will just have to take my word for it. Waiters are very tentative. One draw back, that has never deterred me from a great meal here, is that it is a load atmosphere. You are eating inside a large log cabin with no insulated walls, so the sounds bounce off of everything. Once you try this place you will come back for sure.

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband and I have been to the Northwoods Inn twice in the last few weeks. The first time was with a large group for a birthday party, and the 2nd time was just the two of us. Our servers both times were great. Our hostess was very accommodating with where we wanted to sit.

The restaurant looks like a ski lodge, inside and out, including the fake snow on the log cabin roof. Bowls of shelled peanuts, unsalted, are on the tables. Your shells are to be dropped on the floor. The menu is propped up in front of you...one page of selections. (See photo.) The prices are reasonable for hot dogs, hamburgers, sandwiches and salads. Then, without much in between, the prices jump to pricey for the rest of the entrees. Beware that an "upgrade" offered by the server adds quite a bit to the bill and that a lemonade or coke costs $3.50.

My Cobb salad was so huge, I was given a smaller bowl to eat from after scooping from the larger bowl. The Chef salad is the same...giant! My husband's prime rib dip sandwich was delicious, according to him.

The back room, where most large parties are placed, can be quite noisy. There are smaller tables in the bar area and lots of TV's for watching sports.

The Northwoods Inn is an interesting, different kind of restaurant...check it out!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

It's been decades since I have been to one of these places. I was invited here by friends. The menu is rather expensive and has only really large portioned choices. Unfortunately, everything that we ordered, from sandwiches to chicken to steak, was sub par. Very disappointing, If you go there, buy the cheapest thing on the menu. You will be less dissatisfied. Oh, and the ladies room was a mess.

3  Thank lapsrus
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stopped by the North Woods Inn after visiting with friends. We haven't been here for a few years so we were hoping that things would be the same. We were not disappointed. I ordered the Fried Chicken and it was wonderful. The chicken was moist and flavorful. The baked potato with the cheese butter was as amazing as we remember. The bread and salads were also wonderful. My wife got the halibut and had the same experience as I did. The service was excellent and the prices although high was worth the experience. We will be back the next time we are in the area.

5  Thank melsdad2002