“Fantastic food with lots of atmosphere”

Clearman's North Woods Inn
Ranked #3 of 89 Restaurants in La Mirada
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Valley View
Description: Welcome to North Woods Inn of San Gabriel, La Mirada and Covina! Come for juicy steaks, fresh seafood, enormous salads and our signature cheese bread. Whether you are in the mood for a quiet dinner for two, want to bring the office for lunch, or celebrate your next family milestone, our restaurant is the place for memorable meals. The warm woodsy atmosphere is very unique and features stained glass, oil paintings, & period lamps. We are just minutes away with locations in L.A. and Orange County. Enjoy abundant lunches and dinners at all 3 locations.
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The atmosphere is that of a mountain lodge and is priceless in the middle of the LA basin. The seafood and steak that we had were wonderful. The food here is not cheap, but neither is the quality. As with most things in life, you get what you pay for. We would highly recommend this restaurant for a pleasant evening with a very special atmosphere that is difficult to find in the LA area.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have been going to this location since 1988. My husband and i would share a steak (good size...charge for sharing :<(...)Their salads are unique. One is just lettuce w/blue cheese dressing which the waiter mixes at your table. The other is red cabbage in like a vinegar dressing. This may sound grosd but we mix them together so yummy. They also have cheese bread hot out of the oven this is to die for. Also you can get your potato with chesse sauce also heavenly. It is a little bit on the pricey side but well worth it. It looks like a huge beautiful log cabin mansion inside.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

its been a couple months since I've been here, and I've been treated each time. I'm not fond of places with peanut shells on the ground. Well I love the Cheese bread. I love the salads. we both ate steak sandwiches since it was reasonably priced. I worked across the street and never came here unless I was being treated.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We came here to try their $25 meals celebrating their 25th anniversary. They served two types of salads with our meals, a red cabbage and iceberg lettuce with ranch which I enjoyed. It also included their cheese bread. I ordered the 1/2 rack of ribs and chicken that came with rice and a baked potato. The rice was hard, the baked potato was huge, and the ribs and 2 pieces of fried chicken were okay. They also included dessert which was a choice of either chocolate rum sundae or blackberry sundae.

This is considered more of a family restaurant. However, it was difficult to carry on a conversation because the acoustics were bad which I noticed as the restaurant became busy. I will probably not come back here. The cost is pricey compared to the food quality. I rather spend my money at Chris & Pitt's for delicious BBQ or Lawry's in Beverly Hills for a great prime rib dinner.

1  Thank CaliLAgirl
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Went to meet family and was meet with a rude receptionist and server wasn't much better. Poor service overall and food definitely NOT with the price. Brother called the next day to apologize for such a crappy meal a a it was his suggestion. A lot better places to go....