“Great experience!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Buena Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in La Palma
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Hotel grounds and rooms are well maintained and neat. Lobby is beautifully decorated.
Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast is varied with waffles, boiled eggs, assorted pastries, yogurt, cold cereals, fruits, bagels, breads, muffins, coffee, tea, and juices. Location is somewhat isolated with not many restaurants and fast food eateries within walking distance. However, very quiet facility, so you can rest easily and comfortably.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NateaBar

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We planned an after Christmas getaway to Knotts Berry Farm and stayed here on December 26, 2013. When we entered the hotel about 9:30 pm there was no one at the front desk. After 10 minutes someone finally appeared. We went to our room #627 and we discovered the bathroom had urine stains on the toilet and plaster was coming off the wall where the shower rod was connected. One of the room phones was dead and the light over the sink flickered when the switch was on. To top things off the balcony sliding door would not lock at all. We phoned the general manager but have yet to receive a phone call back. Upon check out on the morning of December 27, 2013 we told the front desk of the problems we had with room and they said someone might contact us...really... MIGHT? If the manager in on leave or not available how about a return call from an assistant manager. Its obvious they do not care about their customers, once they get the payment for the room its like too bad if you did not like your stay. Yes we know not everything can be operating properly in a hotel room but at least have the bathroom clean and at least show a little concern and return a simple phone call from an unhappy customer. We really expected better from La Qunita after spending $116.00 per night, we will not stay with this hotel chain again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lbadge
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Buena Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thanks for your comments about your recent stay at our La Quinta Inns & Suites Orange County – Buena Park. WOW – quite concerning to us! This is not the type of stay we want any of our guests to experience. It’s very concerning to us that you had issues both with the room and the service of our team. We’d like to address your situation with you directly and would ask you contact us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com so we may chat with you about your stay. We’re hoping to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This place has always been good during the winter months. The check-in with Lucas went very smooth. There has been some noticeable remodeling, most of which they get a big plus for. They’ve redesigned the lobby, changed the guest room configuration and enlarged the fitness center as well as the snack nook. The overall interior and exterior have always been well kept.
However, some were less than acceptable but I’m sure can be corrected for the most part. There is no phone next to the bed, only across the room on the desk. The in-room safes have been removed so valuables have to be secured via hotel staff. My final item was with the new flat screen TVs, which is more of a vendor issue. I’m quite happy having the sleep mode available from the remote. However, it emits a rather loud chime at shut off. That sort of defeats the purpose, doesn’t it? It would also be helpful if the vending machines accepted credit/debit cards. It would’ve saved me a trip down to the front desk for change in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: The rooms right off the elevator were actually quite good with very little noise from foot traffic.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The hotel offers a good price. It's simple, no-frills, but adequate if you want to just rest. The bed is comfortable. It is approximately 30 minutes without traffic, the main points of Los Angeles, but it is easy highway access and close to comercial centers. The front desk is helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The non-smoking room left my clothes and bedding smelling strongly of smoke. When I entered the room, the air conditioner was on high, and a smell of air freshener and cleaner lingered. I turned off the AC, unpacked my books, laptop, and began studying for an exam the next morning. As the room warmed up, I could smell a slight cigarette odor. Not sure if it was coming through the vents, outside…the room, I pressed on studying. As the hour went by, the odor became more significant. In hindsight, I should have called the front desk and moved rooms. However, being knee deep in my studies, I thought I could deal with it. At 4am, I awoke with a headache and a very strong cigarette odor in the room. I had difficulty sleeping after that. In the morning, I noticed the bathtub had cigarette burns. After my exam, I got in my car and was blown over by the rank of cigarettes odor from my clothes and bedding (I brought my own sleeping bag) sitting in the hot car all day.

The exterior of the building is quite nice and the room itself had been updated with new doors, shower curtain, artwork, flooring, etc. The bathtub was original and the rooms itself is not in the condition I expected after viewing photos on their website. Service was good, and I have no other complaints.

Room Tip: Check the room for signs of smoking.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This is my favorite place to stay. We are from that area, and any time we want to visit we go there. It is a beautiful hotel, the lobby is very impressive, they are friendly, helpful, and MY DOG IS WELCOME WITH NO EXTRA CHARGE. The suites are large, comfortable, CLEAN, and beds are comfortable, breakfast is yummy, and there is the best area to walk my dog, safe, with lots of grass and sidewalks. Hotel is far enough from the Anaheim traffic, but close enough to all the attractions.

Room Tip: They are all great, there is an elevator, so any floor is fine.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park
#7 of 20 in Buena Park
2 mi away
Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference  Center

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Buena Park? Share your experiences!