“Beautiful view, needs a better menu”
Review of Ernie's

Ernie's
Reserve with OpenTable
Ernie's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 121 Restaurants in La Quinta
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We like Ernie's location as it's right in PGA West and has been updated to be a lovely outdoor dining experience. Our one complaint is that the menu could be better... adding a cheese plate or vegetable appetizer would be nice after a round of golf. Or even having some nuts while you enjoy your wine would be great. Service can be slow, but with the great view, who cares?

Reviewed 7 September 2012

We were recommended this place for lunch. It was late August and hot so it wasn't very busy. We had a lovely view of PGA West and our server mentioned the Bloody Mary Bar - so naturally I had to try it out. It was fun. I got to create my own drink after they filled the glass with my choice of vodka, tequila or beer. I chose vodka - what a great selection of items to put in the drink. I had fun and my drink was wonderful. We came for lunch - I had the Cobb Chicken Salad and so did my husband - very tasty. After golfing in the hot sun, Ernies was a nice respite from the heat. Definitely will come here again, if in the vicinity.

Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

High prices and food that must rival that of a high school cafeteria. The new chef and new menu need to alter the menu and the double-whammy price points before the only guests left are the intoxicated oldsters that rob the peaceful atmosphere that once was.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Ate twice here for happy hour after golfing. Beers are $3 which is a good value. Appetizers are $6-7. The Caeser salad was very small (should have been a $1.99 side choice), the pork sliders were decent but skimpy on the pork, the three tacos were nicely flavored but were about 9 average size bites, the cheeseburger also was decent but small in size.

Small portion sizes, decent quality but there's a lot better choices in La Quinta.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We ate lunch and watched the Masters on the TV. We choose 2 appetizers to share and also split a flatbread pizza. The chicken wings (baked) were really good, the onion rings average, and the flatbread pizza lacked taste. It's a really nice dining room and the service was good.