“Enjoyed the golf.”

La Quinta-Dunes Course
More attraction details
Owner description: A picturesque 18-hole golf course with mountain views.
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The greens are pretty protected and were pretty fast (10). The tall grass eats balls. Golfed late in the afternoon, got a bit windy towards the end of our round. Enjoyed.

All reviews
"layout"
"practice"
"club"

Reviewed 1 February 2014

My husband and I played the course on a Wednesday morning. The pace was good and the staff were great. The greens were very challenging with almost every one of them sloping away. It's a pretty course as are many in the California desert. Our green fee was $85.00 each which included the cart and the practice range. On Thursday, we wanted to use the range and it was $30 for the two of us. I asked the staff at the pro shop about twilight rates and they told me it was $45.00 after 1:00 and to call if we wanted to book a tee time for Friday. So the next day, I called for a tee time and was quoted $79 for a 1:21 start. When I pointed out the discrepancy, they said that I was looking at a internet rate but they would give me a "deal" for $49.00. I said I would get back to them. Well, my husband's shoulder was acting up so he was just going to ride along and not play. I called back to book the 1:21 and they said they were going to charge $35.00 for the non-player. I booked it but then found other courses that charged much less for non-players. Within five minutes, I called to cancel and they wanted to charge my credit card for a same day cancellation but said they would let it go because I cancelled so quickly . I understand they need to make a buck but the huge differences in the price quotes were very suspicious and really bordered on gouging. If I hadn't inquired the previous day about green fees and had just arrived in the desert, I would have been charged $79.00. I don't want to bargain for my golf. For that reason, I won't be golfing La Quinta again.

1  Thank Maureen O
Reviewed 25 December 2013

The course has a very challenging layout and was fun to play. However, the course was almost entirely dormant and I'm not a fan of the brown look. Not a bad course if you find a cheap rate though.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice golf course, but greens were extremely hard and slow to putt on. Too expensive for this type of course. Slow play also made it hard to enjoy