“Best Chicago style pizza I've found in California”
Review of Rosati's Pizza

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rosati's Pizza
Ranked #87 of 120 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Description: True Chicago style Pizza. Their Deep Dish Pizza is amazing as is their thin crust. Their Beef Sandwiches and Hot Dogs are REAL Chicago favorites. A must stop place if you are anywhere in the Palm Springs / Cochella Valley area.
Rancho Palos Verdes, California, USA
“Best Chicago style pizza I've found in California”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I love Chicago pizza, but almost all of the places I've found in California that claim to serve it do a very poor job of it. Rosati's, on the other hand, does a great job. It's not Gino's East, but it's a very good substitute. They pile on the mozzarella and the sauce, which are both high-quality. We ordered a sausage and mushroom pizza, and the sausage was nicely seasoned with just a bit of zip to it. The mushrooms seemed slightly skimpy, but the sausage more than made up for it.

In addition to that, the price was very reasonable. I paid $25 including tax for the 16 inch pizza that would easily serve 4 hungry people. We got carry out, and when we picked it up, we noted they only have a few tables and the dining area isn't much to write home about. It seems that most of their business is delivery or carry out. Overall, I can't recommend this place enough! We'll definitely be going back.

• Visited May 2013

Palm Desert, California
“one of the best calzone ever!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Wow! I suggested we order lunch for the office from here since we had never tried it. I ordered the calzone. Others ordered a slice of pepperoni pizza, Italian sub, antipasto salad, meatball sandwich. Everyone loved it. It was so tasty and very reasonably priced. They have lunch specials too. My new favorite Italian eatery!

• Visited April 2013
“Go some where else these people don't care about the customer!”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I've lived in the Palm Springs area for a little more than 30 years and last night was the worst experience I've ever had at any food establishment. We ordered what we thought was regular or deep dish pizza for delivery. When we got our pizza it was thin crust. We called and told them this is not what we ordered. The guy on the phone said it is what we ordered and that's to bad they were not going to do anything for us. I got in my truck and took the pizza to the restaurant. I told the guy at the counter I wanted the right pizza or a refund. He said they gave me the right pizza so I said I wanted to talk to the owner and was told he wasn't there and that the guy I was talking to was the manager. I told him so this is how you guys do business at Rosati's and he told me that I can eat the pizza or leave it but they were not going to make me another one then I was told to leave. I took my pizza and left giving the manager a few choice words so all the patrons would know that I was being screwed over and hopefully keep them from coming back.

greeneyes67
“Just okay”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We were very excited to try their thin crust Chicago style pizza. We went early evening on a Monday & dined in. The blues music they played was great. The rest of the decor... not so much. We were the only people in the restaurant & we ordered a large Caesar salad & a 14" cheese thin-crust pizza. The salad was simply cut up romaine, store bought croutons, parmesan cheese & two dressings in to go containers. Okay. We still had hope for the pizza.
The dough seemed of the frozen variety & the sauce had no herbs, garlic, etc...
Additionally, both the salad & the pizza took a LONG time.
We may order take out, but we will not dine in again.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank greeneyes67
“Not worth the wait”
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

If you don't have two hours for dinner forget it. I even tried ordering a pizza and it took three, yes three hours because the driver kept interrupting me and not listening to the directions to our house which is not difficult to find. They never even apologized. Terrible service!!!!!