“Where's the vegetables?”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Desert Club & Avenida Bermudas
Description: Solano's Bistro is chef owned and operated on Main Street of Old Town La Quinta. Dine inside or outside on our patio, browse beautiful pieces of art from local artists, and feel like family while enjoying the delicious flavors created by Executive Chef Francisco Solano.
Desert, Ca
“Where's the vegetables?”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Last night we dined at Solano's Bistro based on recommendations of friends who had been there previously. I ordered the vegetable lasagna which was supposed to have zucchini, eggplant, yellow squash, onion, spinach, ricotta and mozzarella cheese. What I was served was layers of lasagna noodles smothered with mozzarella cheese in a very sweet tasting pale red sauce. I peeled back the pasta and there was not a vegetable anywhere.
Then to add insult to injury, I did not notice until the next day that I was overcharged. The menu price is $16.00 and I was charged $18.00.
Be careful if you dine at Solano's that all the listed ingredients are in the food you are served and make sure you review the bill closely so that you are not overcharged.

• Visited May 2014

Charleston, South Carolina
“Nice Restaurant”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Made an open table reservation & were seated Immediately. Had read Yelp reviews & decided to try it. My wife had Beet salad & enjoyed it, my Ceaser salad was only adequate. My wife had Sea Bass & had to send it back to be fired some more. Once it was cooked she said it was good. I had the short ribs & they were excellent. Made the whole thing worthwhile for me.

• Visited May 2014
“Romantic night out”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We had our first visit there. Made reservations through Open Table. Got there a little early and were seated immediately. Friendly wait staff, great atmosphere, and excellent food. The decor was really nice ...almost like a private dining room. The wait staff were all dressed very nicely and classy. The food was prepared so well. I had the crab cakes and shrimp scampi both were excellent. The hubby had the Brie/raspberry quesadilla and shrimp/scallop dinner. He had high marks for both. We can't wait to go back!

Visited May 2014
Sun Valley, Idaho
“Great Sunday Brunch at the Farmers' Market”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I've had brunch here the last two Sundays. The Farmers' Market salad with shrimp was outstanding as were the chipotle chilequiles. I would go back to eat both dishes again. The service is a little spotty but OK. Overall, terrific experiences!

• Visited April 2014
Medicine Hat
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very average experience”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Service was friendly but so run of the mill don't bother for a nice lunch. Had the fish tacos and they were okay. Husband had the halibut and didn't like it as he said it was tasteless. Am having a hard time finding any restaurant in la Quinta that is really good.

Visited March 2014