“Best authentic Mexican food!”

Asadero Los Corrales
Ranked #76 of 120 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This was our first time at this restaurant. We had a good feeling when we were the only gringos in the place...families and couples all around us. As the first time trying them, we really didn't know how to order...so this is what we did. We each wanted to try the shrimp ceviche. And then we each ordered 2 ala carte items. Let's start with the ceviche...nice big chunks of shrimp, with onions and tomatoes. Very fresh ingredients....and the shrimp wasn't tough. the only thing I wish was that it was spicier...but then, I guess that is why the 3 different kinds of hot sauce where on the table! And...I did use it...tried each one and picked the one I liked the best and used it to spice up the ceviche. ( I put chillis in mine when I make it at home....). Wonderful!

My husband had the tostada ceviche camaron and the taco asada. He said the carne was not that great. He is going to try the beef tongue the next time!

I ordered the vampiro and the taco cochinata. I would order the taco cochinita again. Great flavors. and maybe if I ordered the vampiro on the corn tortilla instead....see below!

Now my husband and I don't usually like corn tortillas...but....these are homemade....and WOW!!!! In fact, we asked for a flour tortilla on each one of our dishes, just in case we didn't like the corn ones. But....just amazing! Stay with the fresh corn tortillas!!

Oh, our night started out with their homemade chips and an array of condiments. The creamiest avocado EVER, cucumber and radish slices, smokey salsa, and fresh pico de gallo. All delish!! Add a few beers each, and we only had a bill for $35!

Nice clean restaurant, just a bit rough on the English-speaking ability....but if you live in or are visiting the area....you should stop by if you like fresh Mexican food!! I can't wait until we stop in and try it again. I will keep you posted!! In front of the Home Depot in La Quinta!!!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Don't pass up this restaurant unless you have to have the carne asada (yes it was horrid) because the garlic shrimp was truly amazing. Shrimp was sweet and perfectly cooked with loads of garlic that didn't over power the shrimp. Inexpensive and delicious.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

We were very disappointed in our meal. The carne asada was a terrible quality--it had more gristle than meat. The cheese used in the Chili Relleno was grainy and didn't melt. Finally, when we attempted to pay by credit card they couldn't print a receipt for us. All in all we would not go back.

2  Thank Kjpelletier