Having travelled six thousand or so miles from London, we were even happier than most guests arriving at Lake la Quinta Inn. Our reason for the trip was to attend the Coachella Music & Arts Festival, and we'd chosen the Inn, in part, for its close proximity (4 miles) from the site. Also taken by how lovely and tranquil it looked, and the fact that it only had 13 suites! As soon as we arrived Julia Miscowicz (Innkeeper) and her fantastic team had us relaxed and welcomed. The photos on the website really do not do the place justice; it is quite sublime! We were in Captain's Quarters but saw many of the other accomodation - the standard of design and luxury fittings and furnishings were consistently excellent in each.
The festival exceeded all our expectations, but so did Lake La Quinta Inn. The perfect end to a full day of grooving in the desert heat, was to return to the peace and comfort of our suite, but also the Inn in general, which felt like our own private country club - spa, pool, stars....just bliss!
I must say that, while the actual place is stunning, what really makes your stay pleasurable is the genuine care and attention shown by Julia, and Mary Lou, and Casey, and all the other people working to make sure you enjoy yourself. They really do go that extra mile, and make it all seem to effortless - the mark of true professionals!
Apparently this place is currently on the market; if I could I'd snap it up myself - but I would seriously advise the current (or future) owner to maintain that team...."If it ain't broke.....give it a raise!!" The Inn would suffer without that expertly easy personal touch.
Anyway, we're already booked for next year's Coachella. If anyone reading this even tries to book Captain's Quarters, y'all better be prepared to fight for it!
Much love and gratitude to Julia, and special wishes to our adopted American mom, Mary Lou...enjoy a long and happy retirement babe - you deserve it and we adore you!
David & Darren
South London xxx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chateau at Lake La Quinta now more than ever has everything you need to recharge and reconnect. Modeled on a French manor, The Chateau brings old world charm and service to the desert. No request is too big or detail too small. Want The Chateau all to yourself? The resort is available to buy out for corporate and special events, including weddings, reunions, golf outings and more.A chic boutique with a gorgeous lakeside view, picturesque surroundings and stunningly appointed guest rooms awaits you at The Chateau at Lake La Quinta. Energetic and vibrant with an intoxicating mix of attentive service and desert solitude, The Chateau invites indulgence and overwhelms your senses. Fresh from a $3.5 million renovation, which has transformed the property, adding thirteen additional new guest suites, a spectacular new lakeside restaurant, Melange, along with a beautiful new lobby bar, The Chateau offers its guests spectacular lake views from all 24 guest suites, outstanding food, sourced from California's finest family farms, and premium cocktails and wines. The Chateau is a remarkable, new, desert experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Chateau at Lake La Quinta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake La Quinta Hotel La Quinta
- The Chateau At Lake La Quinta California Desert