“A cute gem in the middle of low season....”
Review of Cork & Fork

Cork & Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Cork & Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 125 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Thank goodness this place is around! In the middle of summer with several restaurants off for the slow season, the Cork & Fork was a great little find! Great great food and wine selection. Service was friendly and fast. While dining solo, I still was able to sip my wine, eat my yummy food and read a magazine without feeling like I had leprosy. Such a trendy little establishment with a casual atmosphere but menu items that are definitely a few steps above "pub" food. I think they have the right idea - great wine and limited selection in food, but the food is well thought and great quality. I look forward to dining there again on my next trip to the desert.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We find ourselves in Palm Springs on a weekend getaway. Really did not have too high expectations (compared to eateries in LA, NY ) from a wine and tapas bar in a shopping strip. The online menu sounded good so we took a chance and so glad that we did !!! It easily surpassed all our expectations in terms of food creativity, service and value.

There were a few minor misses ( so the rating of 4 / 5 ) but this place certainly has a potential of becoming one of the best in Palm Springs area. The place itself is very cramped, Wine selection is adequate and not so great if you are looking for amazing / bold Reds... but reasonable prices makes up for that.

The waitstaff is warm, our server was really sweet. Filet Mignon Tacos, Shishito Peppers, Beef Sliders were outstanding, so were Gelato and Bread pudding.

Definitely on my list to return when in Palm Springs...

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The restaurant was easy to find with directions from our GPS. however, we had to directly put in the address as the name wasn't apparently in the GPS search system yet. Maybe because the restaurant is new enough?

We were seated promptly. However, it took about 5 minutes before we received water and drink orders. My wife pointed out that we seemed to be the only party with teenagers. As we looked around we noticed that most of the parties seated were groups of ladies most with glasses of wine. We were not surprised by this since the name of the restaurant is Cork and Fork. We are not wine drinkers so this may have detracted from our experience.

We ordered our food. The menu is ala carte so be prepared to spend money to eat. The food was good but pretty small portions. But in fairness we were warned by the wait staff that this would be the case. The salads were unique and diverse. We had the grilled watermelon salad which was pleasant and tasty.

What we found interesting was the portion size of the gelato and sorbet. Both were very large portions; much to the delight of our teenage companions!

This restaurant is a great restaurant for people in the wine scene. I rated it an "average" simply because it just wasn't something our particular party enjoyed.

1  Thank robhammann
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Small restaurant that serves very flavorful tapas. Has a full bar, and bar seating if you prefer. Reservations are not necessary, but would be helpful if you have a preferred time. If you do not make reservations you could be in for a long wait. Locals frequent this little restaurant. It's not a secret any longer. Chef Andi also owns the "COOKING WITH CLASS" business next door. If you are visiting La Quinta area make this a early visit in your trip because you will want to return/

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Adjacent to the related cooking school "Cooking with Class" in a strip mall behind Walgreen's the Cork & Fork is small but mighty! In off season I called the night before to make a reservation to pre-celebrate my Husband's birthday. Although the phone rang eight times before it was answered we were able to get a table for 7:00 pm. The restaurant has less than 30 tables with seating at the bar. 5 pm to 8 pm is the current reservation schedule. T

We were greeted and seated immediately. I didn't love the two-tops which are sort of floating in the middle of the room. I would request a seat against the wall with a cushy bench in the future.

Our wait person was well versed in the nightly specials and had some good recommendations.
Market Salad: amazing use of shaved brussels sprouts as a green!
Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos: small but delicious!
Margarita Pizza: worth the wait, the crust is chewy and crunchy....amazing!

Heavenly pomegranate gelato topped off the birthday celebration. We will be back, too many interesting and creative items on the list to miss!