“Great ambiance!!”

Price range: US$20 - US$80
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Figue Mediterranean Restaurant sets a new standard for casual, fine dining.Figue (French for fig and rhymes with “intrigue”) offers an unparalleled dining experience by delivering innovative chef-driven dishes, using only the highest quality, organic, seasonal, all-natural and healthy ingredients, in an environment that is both comfortable and visually stimulating, with crisp service that is warm, engaging and knowledgeable.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I would say this is the best restaurant in La Quinta for atmosphere by far. The décor is an eclectic mix of mid century, modern, and rustic....very unique and interesting. They have a artisan meat and cheese bar as well as a large wine list.....I've eaten there twice so far and it was great both times. They also have very nice service and even give you a courtesy call the next day to see how things went which I really can appreciate.

1  Thank lilgirlonthego

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The meal I ordered was called Spit Roasted Chicken. What I got was three pieces of cut chicken. Not sure what it was supposed to be but they had never been near a spit. Hugh the waiter said they had been cut after taken off the spit. I said since I had taken only one small bite I would give the Chef a hundred dollars if he could match these pieces up. End result was they took the meal off the bill. If it had just been bad I would not have said anything and just never go back. That is the fun of Restaurant week . You get winners and you get losers like this one . They did say the Chef was off that night so my wife wants to try again since the reviews seem good. Well off to try Vicky's Of Sante Fe !

1  Thank Gary F
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A Beautifully appointed Restaurant with a choice of places to sit. When the screens are lifted there is a beautiful mountain view. Has a bit of Class. Will definitely be going on a regular basis.

1  Thank Melinda D
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We were originally going to the Hog's Breath Inn, but luckily, in Googling them for a map, found out they were closed. By coincidence, on short notice, we wound up coming to this other Kaiser Group restaurant. Initial view walking in is the bar area, and that is spacious, modern, and stylish. But that good impression is quickly dissipated when we were seated in front of the open kitchen. The dining area is an open noisy area, and many tables are close to each other. Lighting is with white LEDs which, while modern, does not make for warm ambiance during dinner.

My wife ordered the salmon. The waiter said this fish is delivered to the restaurant within a day of being caught. I am a little skeptical of the logistics for this quick a delivery, but even if it was, there must have been some lapses in the handling since some parts of the fish had a distinct off-fishy taste. The salmon is served on a bed of very ordinary mashed potatoes and spinach.

I ordered the lamb shank which the waiter said was specially brought in from a farm in Pennsylvania. It was tender and free of gristle, but bland. I like the strong, distinct flavor of lamb, but suspect this may not fit the American taste, hence the selection of this special Pennsylvania lamb. But for a Mediterranean restaurant, I expected a real lamb flavor. The shank was served on a bed of tasty pasta cous cous with a few red peppers and zucchini for color rather than as a vegetable serving.

A surprise was that our plates were cleared by the owner, Lee Morcus. He spent a few minutes talking to us and was friendly, knowledgeable, and involved. He is the reason I gave this review an extra notch. But with so many restaurants in this area, we will not be back... I suspect the Hog's Breath Inn would have had better ambiance.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We discovered this spot on a recent visit to the desert. We dropped in without a reservation (since most of the snow birds had headed home, it usually isn't too difficult to drop in somewhere). We got a very nice table. We were initially a bit overwhelmed by the variety of menus with drinks, wine, specials, etc. The servers were extremely helpful, though. My wife had a halibut dish and I had the Bourride - a seafood stew in a rich, saffron-flavored sauce. Our meal started with an excellent house bread accompanied by a selection of hummus or 2 different olive oils (all excellent). Our server recommended an appetizer of fresh dates wrapped in prosciutto and baked. My only regret is that we didn't have room for dessert.

Service was friendly, attentive, and unobtrusive. The atmosphere is upscale casual. It's not inexpensive, but the quality of the meal is commensurate with the price. We will definitely be back. A previous reviewer mentioned the noise level, but on a Monday night with a light crowd, we didn't notice this as a problem.