Review of Tropical Retreat

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Poor - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

hersnowbo...
Pasadena
“Want to share a house with freeloading critters and insects?”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

During Fourth of July weekend, my party of five stayed at the Tropical Retreat home. I wish I could give this place more stars but sadly I cannot. We could have rented way cheaper but we decided to shell out more for a nicer place. What a disappointment this place was.

First, the outdoor space is actually very spacious. However, if people are renting a home during the hot summer you would assume the outdoor area would be somewhat clean right? Wrong. The patio furniture -- and I mean ALL of them -- had a thick layer of dust and dirt. I get that it's dusty and windy but didn't they have people cleaning and straightening right before we arrived? The pool was a disgusting mess. Forget the leaves and debris from the surrounding area -- we fished all that out. But there was a dead lizard at the bottom of the pool!! I had to take a picture of it because it was so disgusting.

Second, there was a giant...and I mean GIANT roach in one of the bathrooms which I had my fiancé dispose of before the rest of my family arrived. Unfortunately that was just the start of our bug/critter problems. In total, we found and removed at least 10 crickets and other rather large and sometimes flying insects in the house over the weekend. I snapped a photo of the roach as well.

Third, the sheets in each of the three bedrooms were stained. Thumbs up for consistency. My fiancé was so grossed out he slept above the sheets, in full clothes and used his hoody as a blanket. My brother contemplated sleeping on the couch until we disposed of a couple critters found in that area too.

The only nice thing about this craphole was the washer and dryer. We were so obsessed with cleaning that place that we washed, dried and folded about 98% of the towels that belonged to the house. So let's see, we shelled out almost $1,300 (supposedly $250 is refundable so more like $1050) for two nights at a dirty, moldy, bug infested home where WE ended up washing THEIR towels for them. Who got the better end of that "bargain"? I'll give you a hint. NOT US.

Lesson learned. Do NOT trust photos.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing