“Consistently Good Food”

Ranked #33 of 123 Restaurants in La Quinta
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Best Chinese food in town! Lunch, Dinner, Cocktails, Dine-in, Take-out, Catering
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

My parents are in town visiting from Philadelphia & my Mom remembered Canton Bistro having really good food. I took my parents there last night & they did not disappoint, great food, good service & an all around enjoyable experience. We will be back!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We ate at the Bistro 4 times during our month stay in the desert. Every time was the same, good service, nice selection on the menu and very good food. We were in time for happy hour menu once and drinks were good as well as side dishes. Never overcrowded while we were there but busy. Our entrees on all occasions were the best Asian food we had while in the desert, look forward to coming back when we visit this area again.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Today I was so disappointed! My son & I waited 10 minutes to even be acknowledged! There were only four other tables in the place and three were done eating. And with dishes piled very high!!! The server on just continued gossiping with his table... Obviously his buddies. When he finally seated us we waited another 15 minutes. He finally came over with an attitude and asked if we were ready to order. We said that we has a few questions. He processed to have an attitude and acted like we were the biggest inconvenience ever! WOW! He walks away to get our drink orders by saying... Yeah I'll be back. We place our order even though at that point we should have left!!! When asked if we could please get a ramekin for our soy sauce, he was quite upset with us... We wanted to dip our vegetable rolls in it... I asked if they had honey for my hot tea and he treated me like I was an imbecile. When our food finally came out it was wrong! Seriously! When I said something to the, now on duty, hostess.... It was on deaf ears. I asked for service from the other server on duty.... She came on duty after it was basically too late.... NEVER EVER AGAIN!!! With all the option is this valley and La Quinta!!! Please I could recommend so many other places!!!! SOUL OF CHINA IN LA QUINTA ROCKS!!! GREAT SERVICE AND FODD IS YUMMY!!! GO THERE INSTEAD!!!!!

1  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We have eaten in this restaurant several times, but last night's visit was our last. When we ordered our entrees, my wife specifically asked for no oil or carrots in her dish. After we all waited an extremely long time for our dishes, my wife's dish arrived with loads of oil and carrots. The server took no responsibility for this. The other three people in our party had to wait an additional 10-15 minutes for our rice to be served. By that time, our entrees were cold. In the hour we spent in the restaurant, not one person ever stopped by the table to refill our water. We nicely complained to the asst. mgr. on duty, but she didn't seem to comprehend our dissatisfaction. The shame of it, is that the food is better than most Chinese restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We have dined here now a couple of times and had take-out three or four times while in the area.
The food has been consistenly very good and service the same. Take-out is always timely and the order correct. Will continue to go back and recommend highly.