“The first time is the last time”

Las Casuelas Quinta
Ranked #37 of 121 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have eaten at the original Palm Springs restaurant and at the second restaurant in Rancho Mirage. This one should not carry the same name and destroy a good reputation. The food is only mediocre and the service was only fair. 2 of our orders came out incorrectly and had to be returned and prepared again. While the other 7 people had to eat their food or have it cold when the remainder was ready. The patio was shaded and cool with the misting system and was an enjoyable atmosphere.

1  Thank HENRY H

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I can't resist the guacamole, we get both kinds because I can never decide which I like best.

Great Mango Margaritas.. and by that time I am in no condition to judge on the food.. you won't be either.. but do order something it will be yummy, and will help the alcohol get out of your system so you can drive home.

Remember alcohol assumptions does take time, so linger over your food.. that won't be a problem with the live music Good food and all the activities around you..

1  Thank Ms A G
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Las Casuelas is at best a mediocre dining experience. They offer far too many selections on their menu to do any one well and the food quality is mediocre at best. From my recent visit the following were quite disappointing:

- the classic margarita was huge with a nice tequila kick but little else going for it. The mix was clearly pre-made with a bitter taste - not at all enjoyable
- the food is sloppy Tex-Mex at best. The plates are overflowing with far too much rice, refried beans and everything is drenched in sauces (I had the Chimichanga). Not a lot of taste!
- the service was far too rushed - we hadn't even finished our appetizer and the main course arrived - what's the hurry!

If you like Mexican you can do far better within a ten minute drive including Macario's and Rosamarilo.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We've eaten here many times over the years while on vacation but his visit was poor. I could not eat my appetizer and the overall quality of food was low. Wilted and discolored salad, unsavory guacamole, were just a few of the complaints. Good service, but will not return.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We have loved other locations of Las Casuelas, so thought we would give this one a try. You can imagine my delight when I opened the menu to find a low-carb menu! After a delicious guacamole appetizer, we decided to try the lettuce wraps with chicken. It was enough to split between two people and they were DELICIOUS. Plenty of flavorful chicken, cheese, more guacamole, a delicious sauce and plenty of lettuce to wrap it all up in. Service was great. Would definitely go back for those lettuce wraps!