“Henderson/Mcbride Wedding”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in La Quinta
Collingwood, Canada
“Henderson/Mcbride Wedding”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Laurie, sales manager arranged for all the accomodations for our son,s destination wedding. We had a large number of quests staying at the hotel. The rooms were lovely, staff were very accomodating and professional. We loved the pool, manager,s reception and the breakfasts were delicious. David at the bar was always pleasant and helpful even kept the beer cold for the bachelor party bus. From lost keys, lost rings, more towels, directions, calling for cabs, wake up calls, letting the party reveallers stay up late outside, no requests denied. We had a ball !!! Thank you to everyone for making our stay so fantastic. Lynn

Room Tip: all the rooms were a good size, corner suite lovely and quiet, great for sleeping
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Korean first
Murcia, Spain
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Spent one night at this delightful hotel with its beautiful gardens and atrium. Unlike previous reviewers, we found staff friendly, helpful and professional. We were upgraded to a large suite which was terrific. Well laid out, lots of space. Just got a bit confused by all the light switches.

Only criticism is that both TVs should be in a museum. CRTs are surely a thing of the past. And put into twee cabinets, pretending they're not there. You have to open the doors, yank the TV out and still it won't swivel so you can watch from the side. No doubt they will be updating these soon and ditching the daft cabinets.

In our suite was a safe (only found it when we left. It's under the microwave). Fridge. NO Shower gel, just shampoo. Why no shower gel? How much does that cost? Ironing board and iron. No robes (didn't expect any), Coffee machine. Nice, private balcony. Can't stand shared or non-private balconies!

Breakfast (free) was great. The hot food, in particular, was well cooked and served.

La Quinta seems to be an upmarket retirement resort and we found it difficult to find somewhere affordable to eat. The City obviously bans the usual illuminated signs. I think that if we'd crossed the freeway, we'd have found what we were looking for.

To this hotel, full marks, minus one!

1 Thank johnash
maine
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I agree with other reviewers that the place is nice but the employees at the desk need some customer service training. Seem irritated at the simplest questions, not too interested in pleasing the guests it seems.
Pool is nice but small for the size of this hotel. Manager's reception was great. Rooms nice and roomy. Again a nice place but could be great with improvements in customer service at the desk!

1 Thank tinao44
Corona, California
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I called in to the hotel and stated I would be comng in early and if they could check me in early as normal check in is at 3 PM. The young lady stated that they would place my name on the first room available. It was quit hot so we cancelled our plans to go to the living desert and headed down to the hotel. Upon checking in I was told that there are no rooms available and normal check in is at 3pm. I explained that I was told to come in and I would get the first available room. I continued to wait from 1:30 to 2:30 and then was told that the cleaning crew was working on getting our room ready. We continued to wait until 3:15 and were told the room was still not ready. As much as I love Embassy suites I did not appreciate being lied to. I know it does not take housekeeping all that time to clean a room. When I told the lady that was trying to explain to me the problems they are having with the housekeeping services that I am not interested in their internal employee issues she stated that was extremely sorry and found me a room immediately. I told her it was my 20th anniversary and I had cancelled plans to make it there so we could check in and that my husband is extremely ill and needed to rest. The manager was nice enough to send to the room an apology letter and a couple of cheese and fruit trays and juice. He also called himself and apologized for the miscommunication and I thought that was very appropriate and professional.
They also had a thick layer of grime along the sides of the pool. I touched it by mistake, a little gross. The rest of the hotel was very clean though. This is my second time there.Still love embassy suites despite this negative experience. Would probably go again but not before 3 PM definitely!

2 Thank MStraveller26
seattle
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Check-in: Not the most helpful or friendly bunch. I have requested a high floor and was given a room on the 1st floor (nice pool view and balcony) When asked if there was a room on a higher floor, I was told this was a nice room. A second request was met with there are no available rooms on the 3rd floor. While it was a good room, I’m pretty sure there were rooms available on the third floor. Inquired at the “concierge” desk about golf. She “really doesn’t know much about golf” and there wasn’t any information available other than a public course down the street. Come on, this is Palm Springs and you don’t have golf information???

Room: Pretty decent, appears newer. Some hallway and room above noise. Had to request amenities. Had balcony and limited view of mountains.

Breakfast: pretty decent but there was a meeting/convention so it was very crowded.

Location: Across from the La Quinta Village.

Stayed a second time a few days later and again was given a lower floor room but they did find a room on the third floor. No amenities in room, had to call. Microwave didn’t function properly, clock didn’t function, and a few other room issues. There really is a lack of attention to details and the staff doesn’t seem to care much.

Rating: 3/10 (as compared to other ES) Homewood Suites is a better place and the La Quinta Resort much better choice.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Second time we stayed here - equally as good experience as first time! Service spot on, rooms immaculate and food excellent. Refreshing experience to be treated well AND not just be a one timer!! Pool very enjoyable, sunshine helped of course, as did the friendly staff.

Can't wait 'till next year!!

Room Tip: Rooms on south side seemed more private.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Well, this was our second trip to the Embassy Suites in LaQuinta. Could it be as good as the first time?
Without a doubt. We reviewed this hotel in March 2011 and were really happy. We feel the same now. Visited again in March 2012 and things were simply great. For a family of 5 we could not do any better. Staff was exceptional. Eric, the GM, was on top of everything. New ammenities around the pool were a great addition. Cook to order breakfasts were more than acceptable for the fam. Manager's reception at 5:30 was perfectly timed. Absolutely recommended hotel. Especially for a family that might be budget sensative. Plus you have to take advantage of Old Town LaQuinta across the street. Many happy hour deals and you can walk so if you care to have a drink or 3 no worries getting back to the hotel.

Room Tip: Corner room with balcony is best. Try and get a room that faces the mountains. Gorgeous!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!