“Horrible experience!!!!!!!!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in La Quinta
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Will never go back! This is the second time staying at this hotel and it will be the last time I stay at this hotel!!!!!!!! The first time I wrote off and thought maybe just bad luck but the second stay was worse!!! The room was horrible and the staff was horrible! All I have to say is BEWARE!!!!!!---Unhappy customer TWICE!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
LAQuintaRobyn, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

I am sorry to hear you have had a horrible experience as our expertise is hospitality. I noticed this is the only review you had given and I am terribly sorry to inconvenience you. Our top priority is our guests and creating exceptional memories! I only wish we had the opportunity to meet with you while you were visiting to fine tune the area in which you were disappointed. Your feedback is very important to us. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Had a great stay with my family. Great value having breakfast and a light dinner included. Clean, well kept rooms and common areas. Great La Quinta location. Walking distance to grocery store, shops, banks and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Fran F
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My experience was excellent. I loved my room, it was clean, large, and had excellent amenities. The staff was extremely professional, friendly, and efficient. I was there on business and the Wifi worked great and was easy to use. Complimentary breakfast and dinner is such a nice perk even if you are just grabbing a quick bite. I would stay there again for sure.

1  Thank Laura F
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We used this as a quick stay for our family and it was a perfect fit, room was spacious for all our kids- free breakfast was great. Highly recommend. Very clean too. One bedroom suite with pullout couch in the other room, free wireless was also great. We didn't use the pool, but it looked really clean and inviting. Would definitely go back in the future if the need arose.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 929leslies
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The facilities and amenities are a great value. Delivering the room on time as promised, or at least responding to the situation professionally thereafter might have saved the experience. Once in the room however, it is well worth it.

1  Thank Julius L
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I waited 30 min. to check in while the receptionist chatted with a gentleman and failed to acknowledge any other guests. The room was comfortable and quiet. The cleanliness of the sink area left something to be desired. Overall, the experience was not worth the cost.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I can’t decide how best to describe this lodging. It’s not a hotel, there is no bar or room service. It’s not a resort, it isn’t on the beach, there are no activities. It seems to me that this is a cheap place to stop for a few days when visiting the region.

The rooms are OK and of a good size. The decor is a little dated, but this is common in America and I think that Americans like a little more chintz in their decor than Europeans.

Each room has a small kitchen area and a sofa, however you can’t call this a suite as the name suggests; a suite is defined as a number of rooms. In my room the sofa, bed and kitchen are all in the same room. No doubt there are better rooms available, perhaps with separation, but my room isn’t a suite! I guess that I’d call it a bed-sit, but this doesn’t sound so glamorous.

For my stay breakfast and indeed dinner was included, dinner was for four nights a week. I only ate dinner here once, as it wasn’t the best, but it’s there if you are on a budget. Dinner also included wine and beer. I have never seen this before in all of my travels and this just adds to the quirkiness of the lodging.

There is an Applebee’s next door and shops and other eateries are a walk or short drive away.

The pool is nice, although this being a somewhat family place meant that there were a lot of children about. Pool towels are readily available and there are plenty of chairs. As there isn’t a poolside bar, any refreshment that you need have to be brought in yourself. You have a large fridge in your room, so this isn’t a hardship; but again this is quirky.

Particular note must go to the Front Desk staff. I truly believe that the rooms are centrally booked and as there are no services to deal with at the lodging then they basically have nothing to do except swipe credit cards and hand out keys. I had a few requests while staying here, but I might as well not have bothered, the apathy of the staff was at record levels and it seems that they are powerless to even change a room. I tried to do this on more than one occasion and both times I was met with a frosty stare and a lame excuse.

To sum up, if you want a cheap place to rest your head for a few days, then this might suit. If you want any kind of service or personal care then I advise that you look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Try for a poolside room or at least a pool view room, other wise you will be looking at the car park...