My wife and I stayed here for two nights while visiting friends... we have stayed here in the past but would not do so again.... this is part of a group of hotels, which has some really nice hotels... but this no longer lives up to their other properties. We travel extensively, and try to have realistic expectations - this is not a 4 or 5 star property..
Plus: Nice beds, comfortable linens. Easy access to Lafayette, Nice pleasing exterior.
Staff: No offering of help with luggage from our car. When we checked in, we had to wait behind a number of other couples... only one person was checking people in, while another desk clerk seemed to be doing nothing...
1. Bathroom bath had white tiles with mold in stuck in grout which must have been installed 20 years ago -it looked like a motel six (which was odd, since the sink had a granite counter - did they run out of money?). Note - this was not the fault of housekeeping.. the rooms were very clean..... simply not maintained..just as the make up mirror did not work...lots of little failures that need attention...
2. Room locations... Disappointing. We were on what they refer to as the "wishing well courtyard"... but is there a fountain with running water?... no... just a faux well with a few plants... so the noise from every other room echoes, not to mention that what you look at is directly into a wall or another room...... a running fountain would be an inexpensive way to make this more appealing. We asked to move to an outside room, but none were available, except those on the pool which no one wanted, due do the noise.
3. Public areas... other than the lobby, these need updating... the wood floors are scratched and carpets appear tired.
4. Pool area. We arrived, and there were 10 families in a very small pool with kids screaming and jumping everywhere.......this is not the hotels fault... but just an fyi for couples thinking they could use the spa and have a quiet relaxing moment at the pool... (maybe they could have adult hours?). The pool is small but nicely set out with plantings and foliage as a backdrop -again not sure what the solution would be.
5. Spa. Because of the chaos and noise at the pool, we did not use the spa, which we were looking forward to (the spa and pool are immediately adjacent).
We were very disappointed in this property... we stayed here years ago, but thought they would have kept it updated..... We would rather spend more and get more quality in the future...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lafayette Park Hotel Lafayette
- Lafayette Park Hotel And Spa