“Love this place”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lafayette
Los Angeles, California
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

In town for friends wedding. Room was lovely, beds were so comfortable, overall just lovely. Had breakfast at the restaurant and food was great. Pool was heated which my 8 yr old enjoyed tremendously. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights in November, while in Walnut Creek on a business trip.

The room was quite large & quiet. Cleanliness was average (long hair on bathroom floor that was not mine!)

The staff was friendly.

Self parking charge @ $16/day seemed a bit steep.

Overall, it was a nice stay and I will return to this hotel next time I am in Walnut Creek.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
NBozych, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
While we are certainly glad you enjoyed the large room and peaceful environment, we couldn't help but be disappointed that your entire stay was not completely positive. It is never our intent to surprise our guests with any fees so we do outline our parking fees on our website and are priced very competitively in our market. We do apologize if there was any lack of clarity. Your feedback is valuable and has been addressed with our Housekeeping department. We look forward to your return visit!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our daughter is ending her 4 year college at Saint Mary’s in Moraga and we have been staying at Lafayette Park Hotel and Spa every time we have been visiting her.
It is the absolute best place to stay if you need to be in that area. Rooms, restaurant (breakfast, lunch , dinner and happy hour) are all wonderful.
We enjoy staying at the pool view rooms and always use the fantastic pool area.
It has a wonderful friendly atmosphere from the time you checking in until checking out.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Roseville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I had not stayed at Lafayette Park for a few years and had the opportunity to do so this past weekend. It is still one of the finest hotels I have ever visited--from the warm and friendly greeting of the valet parkers and front desk staff to the classic and very comfortable rooms---I always feel like a king when I stay there. The hotel is easy to find yet minutes from great shopping at Broadway Plaza in Walnut Creek and the BART station--which they will shuttle you to for shopping or a quick ride into the city.

The rooms are rich and elegant, yet warm and contemporary---soft ,high thread count linens, comfortable pillows, large LG big screen TV, working desk, and free internet. The baths have large rain showers, high end shampoo, lotions and soaps and large, perfectly white and perfectly fluffy towels. There is a well stocked refreshment bar with reasonable prices. Starbucks coffee is offered in the room as well, but walk down to the lobby in the morning and enjoy complimentary coffee and tea in front of their beautiful lobby fireplace.

They have just remodeled their restaurant and I found both dinner and breakfast to be top notch--as always. Many of the staff that served me on my last visit were still there. Two of the servers in the bar told me that they have worked at the hotel for over 20 years---I think the bartender, Luis, has been there longer than that. He made me the best Jumbo Martini--just like in years past.

I didn't have time to enjoy their spa this time but will make extra time in the future. It was buzzing on Saturday afternoon and many folks were enjoying the warm October sunshine, pool side, while waiting for their treatments. The well equipped fitness center certainly met my needs on Sunday morning, also with the Sunday paper--again complimentary.

I think the sign of a quality hotel is always making sure that your guests see that you are constantly striving to make the hotel better for future visits. The owners of the Park certainly have this in mind as it seems to always get better.

I need an excuse to go back soon--love this place!!!

(I have visited two of their other hotels in the past, The Napa Valley Lodge and the Bodega Bay Lodge--now I am anxious to try their newest hotel in San Francisco--the Driscoll--looks awesome!!!)

Room Tip: I had a beautiful room overlooking a large courtyard...it was warm enough to leave the window cracke...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
NBozych, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent visit. I am so proud of my beautiful property and wonderful staff! We truly appreciate hearing from you and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Traveled to California to get married. Hosted a 20 guest dinner with cocktails.
Room was beautiful, staff accommodating, service spot on, food amazing and the
bar served spectacular specialty drinks.

We're we happy? We will be back,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David A
Congratulations! We are honored that you chose to stay with us during your wedding. We sincerely appreciate your praise, and the team looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another fantastic experience. Many thanks for your kind review!

Warm regards,

Clayton, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We live locally, but were getting married just down the street from this hotel. We've always wanted to stay there, so I decided to book our wedding night. My mistake, didn't book, it a month out, tried to book two weeks prior and they had a two night minimum. The week before, when I looked again, they were fully booked. Three days before our wedding, I decided to stop by - the lady at the desk could not have been nicer. She left the desk for a few and came back and took my reservation. Upon checking in on our wedding day to dress for the wedding, the hotel staff was awesome. Not only at the desk, but chocolate covered strawberries were delivered to the bride! My girlfriends and I loved the service. Not only is the hotel quite lovely, the people are, too. I can't wait to stay her again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kristina W
NBozych, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thanks very much for your comments regarding your recent visit!

We truly appreciate hearing from you and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We are honored you chose to stay at our property for your wedding!

We look forward to your return visit to celebrate your anniversary at the Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa!

Warm regards,

Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 days and enjoyed every moment. Large rooms, good beds,very quiet. Excellent staff, who bend over to make your stay pleasant. Function rooms and good restaurant make this hotel self sufficient. Highly recommended

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lafayette
Walnut Creek Marriott
Claremont Club & Spa, A Fairmont Hotel
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!