“Comfort and convenience”

Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 18 December 2013

After the company Christmas party, we were really pleased with a superbly appointed room. We didn't even have to call room service for a decent glass of wine as there were several to choose from right in the room. The bed was pillow-top comfortable. The room overlooked the charming courtyard below. The Christmas party food and service was excellent and the entire hotel exuded elegant holiday charm.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ReillyRN

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We were in Lafayette to visit our son and his family who live there. We arrived in a storm on a Friday night without our luggage which was delivered twenty-four hours later due to a broken conveyor belt in Phoenix. My grandkids invited me to the TeddyBear Tea at the Hotel on Saturday. The Hotel comped a bottle of Two Vines Cabernet to help us settle in the first night. Also Sunday we enjoyed ice skating with our grand daughters in Walnut Creek and then lunch at Maria Maria. We requested and were given a late check out so all in all our hotel was fantastic.

Room Tip: We were on the street but our room was quiet and spacious. Rooms were clean and service was great. I...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
NBozych, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

We appreciate hearing from you and I am pleased that your visit to the hotel was enjoyable. It’s very frustrating when luggage gets lost so I’m glad that the staff was able to make your stay comfortable.

Isn’t the Teddy Bear Tea wonderful! It’s such a popular event during the holidays. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Excellent hotel and staff. Rooms are beautiful and very clean. Restaurant and staff highly accommodating and food was terrific. We ate breakfast lunch and dinner at the hotel and it was all very good. Very family friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013

We sincerely appreciate your praise of the property and staff. Our culinary team will be delighted to learn that their talents were so enthusiastically received. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more delectable meals.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

In town for friends wedding. Room was lovely, beds were so comfortable, overall just lovely. Had breakfast at the restaurant and food was great. Pool was heated which my 8 yr old enjoyed tremendously. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights in November, while in Walnut Creek on a business trip.

The room was quite large & quiet. Cleanliness was average (long hair on bathroom floor that was not mine!)

The staff was friendly.

Self parking charge @ $16/day seemed a bit steep.

Overall, it was a nice stay and I will return to this hotel next time I am in Walnut Creek.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
NBozych, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

While we are certainly glad you enjoyed the large room and peaceful environment, we couldn't help but be disappointed that your entire stay was not completely positive. It is never our intent to surprise our guests with any fees so we do outline our parking fees on our website and are priced very competitively in our market. We do apologize if there was any lack of clarity. Your feedback is valuable and has been addressed with our Housekeeping department. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our daughter is ending her 4 year college at Saint Mary’s in Moraga and we have been staying at Lafayette Park Hotel and Spa every time we have been visiting her.
It is the absolute best place to stay if you need to be in that area. Rooms, restaurant (breakfast, lunch , dinner and happy hour) are all wonderful.
We enjoy staying at the pool view rooms and always use the fantastic pool area.
It has a wonderful friendly atmosphere from the time you checking in until checking out.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I had not stayed at Lafayette Park for a few years and had the opportunity to do so this past weekend. It is still one of the finest hotels I have ever visited--from the warm and friendly greeting of the valet parkers and front desk staff to the classic and very comfortable rooms---I always feel like a king when I stay there. The hotel is easy to find yet minutes from great shopping at Broadway Plaza in Walnut Creek and the BART station--which they will shuttle you to for shopping or a quick ride into the city.

The rooms are rich and elegant, yet warm and contemporary---soft ,high thread count linens, comfortable pillows, large LG big screen TV, working desk, and free internet. The baths have large rain showers, high end shampoo, lotions and soaps and large, perfectly white and perfectly fluffy towels. There is a well stocked refreshment bar with reasonable prices. Starbucks coffee is offered in the room as well, but walk down to the lobby in the morning and enjoy complimentary coffee and tea in front of their beautiful lobby fireplace.

They have just remodeled their restaurant and I found both dinner and breakfast to be top notch--as always. Many of the staff that served me on my last visit were still there. Two of the servers in the bar told me that they have worked at the hotel for over 20 years---I think the bartender, Luis, has been there longer than that. He made me the best Jumbo Martini--just like in years past.

I didn't have time to enjoy their spa this time but will make extra time in the future. It was buzzing on Saturday afternoon and many folks were enjoying the warm October sunshine, pool side, while waiting for their treatments. The well equipped fitness center certainly met my needs on Sunday morning, also with the Sunday paper--again complimentary.

I think the sign of a quality hotel is always making sure that your guests see that you are constantly striving to make the hotel better for future visits. The owners of the Park certainly have this in mind as it seems to always get better.

I need an excuse to go back soon--love this place!!!

(I have visited two of their other hotels in the past, The Napa Valley Lodge and the Bodega Bay Lodge--now I am anxious to try their newest hotel in San Francisco--the Driscoll--looks awesome!!!)

Room Tip: I had a beautiful room overlooking a large courtyard...it was warm enough to leave the window cracke...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
NBozych, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent visit. I am so proud of my beautiful property and wonderful staff! We truly appreciate hearing from you and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Nick Bozych

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lafayette
Walnut Creek Marriott
Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!