“Lovely Stay for Business or Pleasure”

Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lafayette
Westlake Village, CA
“Lovely Stay for Business or Pleasure”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

While visiting an old high school friend in Pleasant Hill, California, I had a delightful stay at the Lafayette Park Hotel and Spa.

This hotel has much to offer: It is a beautifully decorated hotel which is located close to the freeway system and BART. If you take the BART system to Lafayette, the Hotel has a shuttle service that will pick you up once you arrive at the Lafayette station. If you will be driving into Lafayette, this Hotel is close to many of the surrounding cities and about 15 minutes from Berkeley. There is a $15/night fee for parking and use of amenities -- such as the pool and fitness center.

The hotel staff was pleasant, well-informed about the areas surrounding the hotel and always willing to provide assistance with driving directions, restaurant suggestions, or places to visit nearby.

Although we did not dine at the restaurant (which we heard from other guests was very good), we did have a cocktail in the bar that was lively with conversation.

The rooms are very spacious and the beds are adorned with a down comforter and pillows. After a long day, it was nice to return to the comforts of my room for a good night's sleep.

If I am visiting the Walnut Creek/Lafayette/Emeryville area again, I will most definitely stay at the Lafayette Park Hotel and Spa.

Room Tip: The only drawback one might have staying at this Hotel (which did not bother me at all): There is a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
NBozych, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thanks very much for your comments regarding your recent visit! We truly appreciate hearing from you and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We hope you will return to the Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa again very soon.

Warm regards,

Nick Bozych

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a convention. The room was lovely and very spacious. I had a room with a queen bed and a sitting area that contained a sofa and chair.

All amenities were present (free wi-fi, shampoo/conditioner/soap/etc., blow dryer, iron, cable TV). The two meals I ate in the bar were great, although pricey. I found only one negative with this hotel - the electrical outlets are few and hidden behind funiture so not easy to get to, it would be nice if there was a power bar on the top of the desk for easy access.

Good access from the BART, the hotel shuttle will pick you up if you give them a call.

Overall, a good hotel, I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank DJCat1
We are honored that you chose to stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your praise, and the team looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another fantastic experience. Many thanks for your kind review!

Warm regards,

Nick Bozych
Batemans Bay, Australia
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Great hotel in Lafayette, beautifully furnished rooms & foyer, spacious rooms sleep quality was excellent. The staff were very professional & friendly, the restaurant was good with excellent food although a little pricey. Good location near the freeway & also the fast train station across the road. Highly recommend this hotel. A tip if travelling into San Francisco leave very early as the traffic can be very heavy.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank thepezzman
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the service, food, bar, rooms, staff, and the entire experience at this property. The bar changes over into a nice lounge environment after 9pm usually towards the end of the week. The outdoor patio is a great place to relax. Close to BART station, downtown Lafayette and Walnut Creek. I would highly recommend a stay here at this hotel!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We have stayed at this terrific hotel several times. From the moment we arrived, we were treated so well. The staff went out of their way to make our stay go smoothly. The redone restaurant is so
terrific, and is nice that it is on the premise.
Next family gathering we will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Tahoe City, California
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was our third stay at this lovely hotel. Huge rooms, comfy beds and great food! We'll be back. The newly redone restaurant is lovely and even the bar food is an e ticket. We are now planning a family event at this hotel in March.

Room Tip: be sure not to get a room overlooking the freeway. Can't really hear it with the windows closed...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melinda P
Redding, California
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We arrived late in the evening, exhausted and hungry. Too tired to go to the restaurant, we ordered room service. My soup and sandwhich were so good, I've tried to duplicate the soup! The rooms were very clean and did not disappoint. Our room faced the courtyard and was quiet, which was amazing. The bed was very comfortable, with a good mattress and nice bedding, which along with the room being so quiet made for a restful night. (I can't tell you the last time I rested well in a hotel!) My son attends college nearby and we will difinitely make the Lafayette Park Hotel and Spa our go-to-hotel. I look forward to my next stay! Also, the staff I encounted was very pleasant. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lafayette
Walnut Creek Marriott
Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek Hotel
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!