“Favorite Indian Restaurant in Lamorinda!”

Swad Indian Cuisine
Ranked #22 of 80 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Traditional, casual dining. A great option for lunch or dinner when you are craving really good korma or an authentic vindaloo. Love, love, love the garlic/basil naan and cucumber appetizer. One of our favorite outdoor dining options when the weather is warm.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

A nice, clean, authentic Indian restaurant serving excellent Indian food. Their best value is the all you can eat buffet during lunch time!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Food is just OK. I've frequented many Indian restaurants in my time in UK, Europe, India and the US , this is not one that stands out. Rather bland, not hot and definitely not authentic. It's just about ok for a quick take out.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stopped in for the lunch buffet as my wife had been there with my son once and liked a lot. We were there at 12:15 so lunch was in full swing. Every dish on the buffet was great. The buffet dishes were always full and hot. Great variety. We found the service was first rate even at this very busy time of the day. Great place. Great location.

1  Thank jbrecher
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My favorite Indian restaurant in the east bay - because of their Masala prawn appetizer dish ($7.95) it's awesome and I don't know of any other Indian restaurant that makes it. Interior is basic - patio seating outside is nice, weather willing as it's set back from the street. Prices are good. Easy to get to from Bart - it's right there as soon as you walk into Lafayette - only one block. Have eaten here many times and have never had a bad meal.