“The perfect barbecue experience”
Review of Bo's Barbecue & Catering Rest - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bo's Barbecue & Catering Rest
Cuisines: Barbecue
Ramstein
“The perfect barbecue experience”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Bo goes out of his way to make this an authentic experience with some of the best bbcue in the Bay Area. Hot summer nights are delightful sitting on the deck under the canopy of trees and eating some of the best ribs and chicken you could
find anywhere. He is a delightful host as well. And wait until you hear the authentic blues played on weekend.

No. California
“Try the brisket”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The best barbecue in the Bay Area. They also have live music--blues, etc. on some nights. Plain interior and can get loud. However, they have a nice outdoor deck and also food to take out.

Orinda, California
“If you like Bbq this is the place”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Great food, people and live music. Bo is takes time and pride in his food.

Walnut Creek, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dry brisket and too sweet potato salad”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

My beef brisket was very dry and kind of burnt on the edges. Also the potato salad was overly sweet. Bread was stale. Was this an off night? I was very disppointed in my meal since it was fairly pricey for a BBQ dinner. Won't be going back.

• Visited August 2011
Berkeley, California
“Everett and JOnes would do a fabulous business here as they KNOW how to BBQ well!”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I went for a 3 way combo but they only had brisket and pork ribs. I ordered that. The wait was about 10 minutes which was fine.

It came with a nice but very plain mixed green salad, a well made potato salad and a hunk of Acme bread (with NO butter)

The BBQ meat was delivered to my table and it was awful. The 4 pork ribs were all way overdone and burned and the brisket was so overcooked and burned as well that there was not one slice just tiny bit pieces of dried out brisket. I think they use some kind of cilantro in their sauce which I did not like but otherwise thought the sauce was decent.

I could not eat the meat so I got it to take away as I might be able to use the meat in a soup as it was too dry to eat as is. Ever have meat so dry you choke? This was like that. As I was at the counter to get tin foil to wrap it up, this nice older lady I think was one of the owners, asked me if all was okay and I told her no. She said "oh" and then got the tin foil and said thank you and didn't mention anything. That for me, was the tip off that they don't really care what your opionion was. She was very nice but it was an empty gesture.

I will never go back there again as the food was awful.

• Visited July 2011