“Why have ice cream when you can have gelato?” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dolce Gelato
Ranked #2 of 8 Dessert in Laguna Beach
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dolce Gelato is a family-owned business in Laguna Beach. We make each pan of gelato from scratch each day in our store using multiple milks and different sugars to achieve perfect balance and flavor, just like you'll find in the small shops in Italy.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Why have ice cream when you can have gelato?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We must have walked past three or four ice cream shops before finding Dolce Gelato. It was worth the extra few blocks! It's really easy to find right on Broadway St.

Like one of the other reviews I read we've had gelato across the globe, particularly in Italy, and Dolce is better! I had a combination of Salted Caramel and Marscapone, my wife had Coconut and Butterscotch. All four flavors were outstanding. Smooth, sweet, and very fresh. They say they make it fresh every day and I'd have to agree based on how good it tastes.

One really good sign, as we were leaving one of their folks was doing take out orders for some of the local restaurants, now that says a lot.

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very Good !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We were out walking and happened to find this little gem ! Very Good on a very warm day !stop in and be happy !

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Aliso Viejo, California
“Have To Taste To Believe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I consider myself a self proclaimed gelato connoisseur and have tasted some of the best Italia and Europe has to offer. Dolce Gelato blows them all away. The flavors change all the time and it is always a delight to sample them. My favorite continues to be Ferraro Roche and coconut.

Also a cool place to bump into celebrities, I've see Will Ferrell and Kobe Bryant here.

San Diego, California
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

This hit the spot after spending the afternoon at the beach. I ordered a medium serving of gelato which consisted of up to three flavors for a little less than $6. I chose salted maple caramel, nutty irishman, and banana cream. All of my selections were absolutely delicious but if I had to chose a favorite it would be the salted maple caramel. The prices were very reasonable and the portions were more than adequate. I will definitely hit this place up again the next time I am in Laguna Beach.

Minot, North Dakota
“1st Time 4 Gelato”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We went into Dolce Gelato around 7pm Friday night. Danny immediately greeted us when we entered. He proved to be very knowledge about each of the flavors and gave us free samples of several. I decided on the Blackberry Cobbler with a scoop of Nutty Irishman on top while my other half had a scoop of Ferrarro Rocher & Chocolate Sea Salt Truffle with a shot of espresso on top. It was good enough that we even got milkshakes to go after we finished. I especially like the range of flavors from traditional Vanilla Bean to Honeydew Yuzu.

1 Thank rofldox