“Really Looked Forward to Nick's”

Nick's Laguna Beach
Ranked #3 of 181 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Laguna Ave
Description: Nick's indoor/outdoor Laguna Beach venue features Classic American comfort food, crave-able bar snacks, plus unique cocktails & an extensive wine list. Located in the heart of Laguna Beach, our intimate 80-seat restaurant features a chic bar and beautiful outdoor patio. Our décor highlights several artistic touches, from inlaid abalone and oyster-shell accents to artistic mosaic tile floors. The Exotic wood-trimmed booths and hand-blown glass lamps along with warm tones of brown, blue and sand complement the exposed brick walls. Our exhibition kitchen showcases the talents of our passionate culinary team. Nick’s Laguna Beach has become a favorite in Orange County to dine, drink and escape.
Reviewed 18 September 2017

My wife and I really looked forward to going to Nick's. We had heard a lot about the restaurant during past visits to Laguna Beach, it was always crowded when we walked by and it looked like a fun place. I'm not sure if it was that we stopped at another restaurant for an appetizer before we went there or that the menu just didn't look that appetizing at the time but we were a bit disappointed. Since we didn't want a big meal we decided to order a sandwich. I wanted the Prime Rib sandwich but they were out I got the Ribeye Melt and my wife got the Blackened Fish sandwich. Both sandwiches were good but nothing to rave about. The ribeye was on the tough side and a bit rare. The fish was a better choice but again just good enough. I'll give Nick's another chance when we return and hopefully I have an experience where I can give it that 5 that everyone else seems to give it.

2  Thank Rowlett9105
Write a ReviewReviews (1,422)

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a very nice chicken dinner at Nick's. Normally we would not do this type of dinner out. Since everyone raved about it, we tried it and we were very glad we did. Perfect comfort dinner after walking on the beach and visiting lots of art museums. We will be back.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We loved Nick's. It's very popular and I can see why. Food and drinks were great. Service was wonderful. We both had salads and a side of bread and loved them. Some of the best food I've eaten here

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Nicks was a complete experience. The mixed drinks were good, asparagus fries amazing. My sea bas was perfectly prepare and the cioppino good....the shrimp were a little over cooked. The place is small and may need reservations on a busy night, but we went on a Sunday mid day and were seated immediately.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I had breakfast it this restaurant . I made order egg Benedict and oatmeal . You must add more sauce hollandaise and more scallion . Oatmeal wasn't hot