“An Oasis on the Ocean”
Review of Sunset Cove Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laguna Beach
Sunset Cove Villas
Reviewed 6 November 2009

I went to Sunset Cove for a few days of uninterrupted beach time. I needed to go someplace where I could recharge after a long summer.

I got exactly what I was looking for.

Laguna Beach is pretty mellow compared to most Orange County cities. It has a nice, village feel. Within that, Sunset Cove has carved out a private refuge right on the sand. I felt isolated in the very best sense of the word.

I was in the Seychelles Villa, one that I would highly recommend because of the uninterrupted ocean views. The interior was fitting and extremely comfortable, but the paintings and other touches play second fiddle to the views of the Pacific. When the tide was high the water would lap at the seawall underneath my deck. In the mornings I'd a take swim then have breakfast at the beach cottage turned coffee shop next door (Sunset Cove provides vouchers).

I've stayed in other exclusive resorts, hotels and villas and Sunset Cove offers all of the accoutrements that typifies that type of place: flat-screen TVs in the living room and bedroom, a bathtub the size of my college dorm room, Egyptian cotton on a massive and insanely cozy bed, etc. The bathtub and bed I used, but the TVs weren't touched once.

Not when there was all that ocean to enjoy.

I left feeling invigorated-- which is what I had been going for all along.

(Notes: The property is loaded with perfect places to watch the sunset-- an experience not to be missed, the staff is friendly and helpful, but give the guests plenty of space, which I loved. I'd highly recommend the nearby taco shop, La Sirena, for organic Mexican Food, the sushi bar across the street is half-price on Thursdays)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank stevebram

Reviewed 7 October 2009

Everything was very nice. The room was clean and nicely decorated, great view, close to restaurants and shopping. A lovely place!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2009

Quiet and peaceful with the sand and waves below you're deck. Privacy and seclusion is respected with a staff that does not intrude, yet available & friendly when needed. The location is removed from downtown, yet an easy stroll to art/shopping, restaurant variety and beach action. Wonderful place!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank Thinker63
Reviewed 17 September 2009

We sorely missed our trip to Laguna this year. It's become an annual migration from the mid-West for us during last 15 years. Since 2003 we've had a truly splendid stay at the Sunset Cove Villas. In our experience, nothing compares to this facility. Each year the Villas are as spotless and luxurious as the first time we were there. And talk about beach front location! Our villa was literally 20 stair steps down to the sand and only a few more steps than that from the heart of downtown Laguna shopping and restaurants. The lounging deck has a panoramic view that can't be beat, with every outdoor grilling amenity you can imagine. The concierge service is always genuinely friendly and helpful. Our first year, we had the good fortune to get a tour of the place from the on-site manager/concierge. Each unit is decorator perfect in a different beach-themed style. Stunning! We're already planning for next summer--hope we haven't lost our spot! If you go during the summer, don't miss the Pageant of the Masters.

Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RubberCityRob
Reviewed 16 September 2009

Me and my girlfriend stayed here because we were in town to see the Pageant of the Masters. The place was great! Really clean, very friendly staff, and we got a parking spot inside their garage. It's literally right on the beach. Just go down a flight of stairs and you're there. Ralph's is also right across the street so that was convenient. This place is walking distance to downtown. That was a big plus for me because I hate driving around and looking for parking. It's about a 10min walk to downtown and another 5min walk to the pageant. We had lunch in downtown (230 Forrest, had the french dip which was really good) and enjoyed all of the little art galleries. I'm from LA so it was a really nice change in scenery visiting Laguna. Very relaxing city. If you're looking for a comfortable place that's walking distance to most of the places in Laguna, you should definitely check it out.

• Stayed: July 2009
2  Thank BobfromLA-lt
Reviewed 7 September 2009

I recently stayed at the Sunset Cove Majorca with my girlfriend. We had a fantastic time. The waves of Laguna Beach crash just a stone's throw away from the villas - and the design is such that a narrow corridor leads you from your stay to the water. It's very picturesque. Walking down those steps to the beach at night felt very otherworldly.

When the sun is up, Laguna beach is a very charming place if you like art and window shopping. There are several galleries a brief walk from Sunset Cove, and after having breakfast at The Beach House, with its fishtank walls and a view overlooking the beach, my girlfriend and I checked out the galleries.

Another big plus about the villas is their proximity to a grocery store. The grill and kitchen are only good when fueled by food, so we picked up ingredients at the gorcers a block away. Then I let my girlfriend do what she does best in the kitchen and we watched the sunset while the Majorca served up a wonderful evening.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrAndrewWilson
Reviewed 30 July 2009

We stayed in the Laguna Villa. We were in CA for a family wedding. Probably the nicest place we ever stayed in. Fresh flowers in the entry way to greet us. Amazing views, fabulous kitchen, perfect for entertaining. The most spectacular outdoor living space.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family