“Loved it!”

and up
Laguna Beach SUP Lesson and Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: La Vida Laguna offers the best in stand-up paddleboarding, kayaking, hiking, biking and surfing in Laguna Beach. We do private and group tours, lessons and semi-private lessons at the best value in town. Laguna Beach has the tastiest mix of everything coastal California has to offer: Rugged and dramatic coastline, thousands of acres of wilderness, world-class surf, protected coves and beaches, abundant wildlife and unsurpassed beauty. Kayak through kelp beds alongside dolphins and sea lions, surf a reef break, paddleboard the calm, protected coves, hike the local trails or bike the sage-scented wilderness, and you are guaranteed a mood elevation.
boston, ma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I used La Vida Laguna for an afternoon sea kayak tour. Neither of us had ever been and we absolutely loved it! Tim was our guide and was awesome! He took the time to give us some basic kayaking technique instructions prior to us hitting the water. He was incredibly friendly and easy going but was definitely very experienced and kept us safe on the water. He also knew a lot of Laguna history and taught us some fun facts regarding sea kelp as well as sea lions. Tons of fun with a great guide and would recommend this without hesitation (unless you are not in at least moderately good shape as it is quite a workout!).

Visited August 2013
1 Thank CathyBoston

Akron, Ohio
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Great way to Surf”
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

My son is 19 and wanted to learn to surf so I reviewed several places and chose this one. It was a great choice. I booked online for the 11:00 lesson. It said there could be as many as 10 in the group, but when we got there my son was the only one sugned up so he got a private lesson. Ron was his instructor and he was also 19 so they got along well. Ron is a professional surfer who competes around the world so it was pretty cool. They got suited up and walked down to Thalia beach in Laguna. There is a special part of the beach for surfers and many folks were getting lessons there. It is a good place to learn since the waves are smaller making it easier the master the technique. They surfed for two hours and we got some great photos. Alex loved it and it is a great experience for someone to learn surfing from a pro.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Amease
New York
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Kayaking with sea lions - WOW!”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We had the best time kayaking with Danny from La Vida Laguna. Sea lions swam right around the kayaks - and many more were sun bathing on rocks as we went by... We saw dolphins and a whale. We followed the whale for a bit and that was a blast. Danny was a great guide, we learned a lot about the area and also had a lot of fun taking advantage of opportunities the ocean provided. We left from Fisherman's cove - parking in the area is always an issue but if you follow the instructions on the website you shouldn't have a problem - we parked on the street with no meters. I highly recommend this!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank MishNewYork
Laguna Niguel, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Paddlebording with Sea Life!”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I love Laguna Beach, it is an incredible place. I've always admired the sea life from the beach. That is until I went paddleboarding with La Vida Laguna. John took me to Seal Rock and the sea lions were jumping all around me, it was so amazing I know I had to go again. On my next trip out I saw dolphins, just feet from my board. I highly recommend La Vida Laguna if you are in Laguna Beach, great great trips, every time!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank PaddleHappy334
Memphis
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Surfs up!!”
Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

We had a great time surfing with Mike and Jack! They gave great instructions! All four girls got up!! They have not stopped talking about it!! La Vida is next door to Jack in the box. Bring change if you want to park on the street. They have meters that only accept coins!

1 Thank Julie U