“One of my top 3 in Laguna Beach”

Watermarc Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Watermarc Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 179 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Laguna Avenue
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Since June 2013 I returned here again to celebrate July 4th, 2014 Independence Day.

The marine layer, June gloom was not present this Independence Day weekend. The sun appeared the past 2 days.

As I mentioned below I love both 230 Forest, Watermarc and Nicks. My family of 4 just returned here for dinner again.

We ate downstairs overlooking the street passer bys. I started with my usual classic margarita with salt for $11. My family enjoyed the blood orange also for $11. We shared the calamari apetizer for $12, which was very tasty.

Again I ordered and enjoyed their seafood paella for the same price as last year namely $34. The paella had half a maine lobster, shrimp, the larger New Zealand greenlip mussels, calamari, and Linguica. The larger greenlip mussels are starting to grow on me. My friend ordered the filet mignon oscar style for $37, but, she thought the meat was very tough. I would not order beef here. Stick with the seafood.

Since today was July 4th the half price hamburgers before 6pm were not available nor were there any other of the usual $2 off happy hour discounts. Don't come here on a holiday weekend if you expect a discount. Our table service was just ok, although one of the co-managers did come over to our table to talk with us.

Our total bill less gratuities was $179. I will continue to return here for dinner.

I plan to return to some of my other favorites in the area including 230 Forrest, Nicks, Pelican Hill and of course the Montage Studio. Watch out for my further reviews.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The service matched the food...very good. We ordered the crab cakes, ahi tuna skewers, and two different hamburger with the homemade chips and fries. I recommend all the above. A great place to eat, drink and socialize.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Took family and out of town guests on Saturday. Matt was the waiter. He was a delight. Just the right amount of amiable chatter, attention to detail and respect. Super attentive but not obtrusive - a delicate balance. Food was delicious but service was absolutely standout. Suggest requesting a seat upstairs as it is as if a tree is growing through the dining room. Totally protected and not at all cold but a feeling of outdoors - downstairs fine but upstairs is better atmosphere.

1  Thank B O
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had dinner here and had been recommended by a charming waiter at the sister restaurant watermark. We were a little late to dine by American standards (9.30ish?) but got off to a shaky start when we were ignored as we stood in front of the front desk. None the less we were seated and fed promptly. Very good food as I had come to expect after the pleasure of eating at watermark. I doubt you could find a bad meal here but on balance I would stick with watermark if I had to choose between the two as this is bigger, less intimate and we didn't get any idea that they were pleased to see us unlike the people at watermark.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had brunch as it is virtually impossible to find breakfast served on a week day here. Beautiful food with everything cleverly presented. Attractive modern surroundings and excellent service. Personally I feel that there was a little too much of a 'twist' in each of the plates and the service was almost too pleasant and bordered on the obsequious but that is preferable to the can't be bothered attitude we found at the sister restaurant Landmarc. All in all an really good place for an occasion as they do go the extra mile with presentation.